Leak from pump lid and air in returns

A basic Intelliflo can be controlled by the Aqualink automation I believe.
I’d prefer to fix this issue if possible…but If I end up having to replace it, then I’d like to spring for something that will have enhanced features (such as variable speed) and durability. I have a 2hp now…should I go to 3hp? Any specific models that are recommended?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
When you reinstall the screws for the check valve, make sure that the screws are not cross threaded.

Rotate counterclockwise until the screw drops into the original thread and then rotate clockwise to tighten.

Reactions: Sidemoves
just thinking though…chances of a clog existing in both skimmers and the main pool drain (and spa drain when in spa mode) are pretty unlikely. What if the issue is with the valve in the circle? That seems to be the only place central to all those suction points and it’s before the check valve.

How would I check it?

Attachments

• IMG_2136.jpeg
    IMG_2136.jpeg
    707.7 KB · Views: 7
The water gets pulled down, so that indicates that the pump is probably ok.

No water comes out when the red handle valve is open, so that indicates that it’s probably not a return side issue.

So, that points to a blockage on the suction side or an air leak.

Can you show a video of the whole suction side plumbing while you turn the pump on and off a few times?

Turn the pump on for 5 seconds and then off for 5 seconds 3 times.

When you turn the pump off, watch for any water to leak out.

You can remove the actuator and then open the valve to see if anything is clogged in the valve.

Maybe check the impeller for debris.

Feel into the pump inlet near the union to see if anything is clogged at the pump inlet.
Opened the lid and can’t feel any blockages on the inlet side. And I could rotate the impeller freely on the other side. Will check the valve now

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.