Desmond.TFP

Nov 26, 2012
Austin, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
When my variable-speed pump is running at low speed there is no leak, but on high speed (such as at startup) there is a leak around the edge of the Jandy multiport valve. The valve is Jandy BWVL-MPV-80.

YouTube video

Re-tightening the screws did not help. What should I try next? Jandy does not list a lid O-ring number.

When my variable-speed pump is running at low speed there is no leak, but on high speed (such as at startup) there is a leak around the edge of the Jandy multiport valve. The valve is Jandy BWVL-MPV-80.

YouTube video

Re-tightening the screws did not help. What should I try next? Jandy does not list a lid O-ring number.
Jandy E-7-S2 or O-479 generic should be the O ring. Dry the parts, use a bit of silicone sealant and assemble while the silicone is still wet. Should help.

Jandy E-7-S2 or O-479 generic should be the O ring. Dry the parts, use a bit of silicone sealant and assemble while the silicone is still wet. Should help.
Thanks, @1poolman1 ! Is there a code for the spider gasket too, OEM or generic? I might as well redo that as well.

Seems difficult to locate in Austin so I have to use Amazon, the O-ring seems to be this?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.