leak detection

Jul 6, 2016
Gainesville, FL
My numerous attempts (myself as well as professionals) to find a leak has failed- so I'm going to let the water go down to see where it stops. Do you see any issues with that plan?

I have connected a hose to the skimmer and dropped it in the deep end to keep the water circulating. Seems to work pretty good. No skimmer action- but the cleaner will pick up debris.
I won't let the water go down more than 2ft because of hydro-static pressure and all. I am thinking the leak has to be above that otherwise I would be losing more than half an inch a day (but that might just be wishful thinking). Pool is 9' at the deep end.

Sorry to hear about the leak. That's annoying!

As long as your ground water is below the level you're draining to, you'll be OK. You'll need to sprinkle it to keep the plaster wet, and extra to keep the plaster cool if the sun is hitting it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.