Latham Fiberglass Pool Warranty Claim

FlapjackMcCoy

Bronze Supporter
Aug 13, 2019
North Carolina
Starting a thread for the soon to be under construction of my Viking fiberglass pool that has air pockets under the gel coat that have now become holes. I submitted a warranty claim earlier this week, haven't heard back yet. It was installed in 2020 and we just noticed this now.
IMG_20230705_104449350.jpgIMG_20230705_105602066.jpgIMG_20230705_105622852.jpg

• Sad
Reactions: Lanzz
I’m so sorry to see this, we actually looked into getting one of their pools. Will definitely avoid them now.

Will definitely avoid them now.
It can be difficult getting any company to honor a warranty. The grass likely won't be greener elsewhere because all their warranty loopholes are similar.

Plus, call any company's sales dept and they answer on one ring. Call for help/service and 'all agents are busy' (making sales) :ROFLMAO:

Two business days later I got a reply: "Please reach out to your dealer for any updates and decision details on your claim."

I'm guessing they are referring to the company that installed the pool? Why would they have anything to do with this? They know nothing about fiberglass pool repair, it's not what they do.

• Angry
Reactions: ArizonaBlue

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Two business days later I got a reply: "Please reach out to your dealer for any updates and decision details on your claim."

I'm guessing they are referring to the company that installed the pool? Why would they have anything to do with this? They know nothing about fiberglass pool repair, it's not what they do.
Yep. This seems to be their business model. They told us repeatedly "we only make the shell, for everything else, you need to work with your installer"--even though it was the shell that was the problem. They blame everything on the installer. We just kept after them with emails and phone calls (which always went to voice mail and were never returned) until they finally approved our warranty repair. (And FWIW, we subsequently declined the repair. It's not leaking, we finally found some fiberglass repair companies that would be able to fix it if it ever does leak, and we felt like draining and bracing the pool was more risk than leaving the crack alone. Plus, after this debacle with Latham, we don't trust them to do a competent repair job.) Keep after them, call some other local fiberglass companies to get additional opinions and options, and good luck!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.