Large Mosaic on Floor of Pool

DJ FL

May 2, 2023
Florida
I am updating our pool and purchased a large artistry in mosaics design for my pool floor. (A trio of blue hibiscus flowers) Since there are so many colors in the design I was going to use a transparent Starlike epoxy grout. Is this what you would suggest using? Will this product hold up for many years to come?

Welcome to TFP.

How deep will the mosaic be?

What color and finish will your pool be?

Why not a white grout?

I doubt anyone will see the details of the grout you used when looking at the mosaic on the pool floor through the water.

Typically speaking, you want to be careful with grout on submerged tiles. Most builders will set the tile and then the plaster cream used in overall surface application will be the “grout” around the tile. This ensures that the “grout” is actually waterproof AND it blends in with the surrounding pool finish. If you use something different, the colors may not blend as you expect and you could create a huge eyesore.

Reactions: kimkats

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.