Landmark's pool build

I have been waiting for the WetEdge before posting any more pictures. The only visible process since the last pictures has been pouring the deck and cleaning out the pool. Not very exciting stuff if there is still no water. We've had a dry weekend so I hope everything is set for Monday.

Landmark your pool is going to be gorgeous! I can't wait to see it full of water. We also used every possible space we had in our side yard for our pool and have also been waiting patiently for those workers to come on perfectly sunny days. It seems they schedule themselves on days when there is an 80% chance of rain. Hopefully you'll be swimming before Sept.

Keep the pictures coming,

Raquel

They delivered our pool supplies today. I also picked up a Wall Whale to make brushing easier.

P8270100.jpg

Here are a few pictures to pass the time while we are waiting for plaster:
P8270099.jpg

P8270078.jpg

P8270074.jpg

P8270066.jpg

P8270071.jpg

Our next project, a lot of area to landscape.
P8270095.jpg

We want to put a cabana bath here at the end of the deck behind the garage.
P8270092.jpg

Landmark,

I know it's hard to be so close... but it'll be worth the wait. Your pool looks great.
( ... it'll look MUCH better with water in it). We're all pulling for you. Can't wait to see it finished.

While waiting for plaster, we had the same rain issues a few weeks ago on our pool. We kept hearing "tomorrow" for 5 out of 8 days. Finally, we got our WetEdge on Friday the 8th (AND acid washed that afternoon!)

Hang in there. Hopefully, we'll stay at (the current forecast) 20% chance for rain here along the Texas Gulf long enough to get your pool plastered, and miss the latest storm forming out there.

Keep us posted!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
WooHoooo!!! I'm jumping up and down for ya, Mark...it's beautiful already!! :party: I know you're excited about getting WATER finally!! Break out the Margarita Machine! :cheers: I know you'll post pics when you're up and running.

We'll be doing a fall build...things are just now in progress permit, etc. wise. You'll have to let me know how much you love your Ultimate Spa...I'm getting one, too.

Tom: We went with WetEdge PearlMatrix Tropical Mystic. It looks more blue than I remember but I did verify they were using the right one. I think all the Mystics use the Crystal Mystic dry mix and add different coloring. At least that is what they did for ours. I will go check out your dig.

Katherine: We went from 4' to 8'. The pool is 46' long so we were able keep the slope down. I don't remember what it turned out to be. The PB used Pool Studio to design the pool. It has a profile feature that lets you see what the slope will be. Neat stuff.

Pisces: Thanks. We can't wait to get in. It may be a while before we can heat the spa. The WetEdge information said not to run the heater for 28 days. We can try out the jets though. Do you think that Margartia Machine will float? I don't want to have to get out of the pool.

Nice. Very nice.

And, as a bonus, it looks like we'll have decent weather for a couple more days at least, so you'll get to enjoy it right away! (Altho' it took about a day and a half, with 3 hoses, to fill ours. Yours will probably take longer). If you're like us, you'll enjoy all but the brushing. But it's really nice to be able to be outside - in August - in/around Houston! Who'da'thunkit?

I like your color / tile / coping choices. You're really going to enjoy your Pearl Matrix. We went with WetEdge Satin Matrix and I had the same concerns that it sounds like you did ... I stood by the truck as they were mixing, even had to ask them as they had (WetEdge) mix that had different names than what I ordered. Best I can tell, they have a formula to mix 'em together. Sure enough, I put our "sample" next to our pool and it's exactly what we ordered.

Have fun, Mark.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.