Ladder cleaning help

Mar 29, 2016
Chicago,IL
Good morning everyone,
hoping to get some great advise from the experts here. I have an algae problem in my majestic wedding stairs. I drilled multiple holes in the base and other areas to help with water circulation. I've been having a little difficulty this year getting my pool to "sparkle". After shocking for a couple days and running the pump 24/7 pump even though I'm not registering any CC. After doing some scrubbing I looked into the ladder and noticed some greenish development inside and in the lips. I pulled it out and there was a funny smell from some off the water that was trapped inside. I drilled mOre holes and even bigger and noticed a lot of green algae built up in the suction cup area and other areas that are not reachable. I poured some diluted bleach the best I could in there and haven't checked it since yesterday. Sorry for the long story but this brings me to my question. Does anyone have any advise for getting rid of this algae that has developed in area that I have no way of scrubbing or getting at. I've drilled a massive amount of holes just to peek in there and help with circulation but can't just cut it open without ruining the integrity of the ladder. I also can't really fill the area with bleach and let soak because of the holes and location of the algae. I'm about ready to throw this darn thing out

Algae likes to hide and it seems like it has a good spot in your stairs. You have got to expose it to the bleach. I did the same thing you did with my pool stairs when I had a tear...poured bleach in the tear and algae died before repairing. How hard is it to remove your stairs and let them dry?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.