Gold Supporter
Jun 13, 2018
Media, PA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Turns out, I had initially WAY overestimated the size of my inherited pool at 15k gallons, and was consistently overshooting when adding chemicals. I became suspicious when a carefully measured dose of Muriatic acid caused a much larger pH drop than expected. By doing careful measurement and logging of chlorine addition and precise testing with FAS-DPD over several days, I was finally able to determine that my pool volume is actually somewhere between 7000 and 8000 gallons, so I am now using 7500 as my benchmark. I would NEVER have been able to figure out how to do this kind of estimation without you guys! My last Cl addition resulted in the expected FC level to within 0.5 PPM.

Thanks TFP!
:party:

Garbage in = Garbage out. You can't argue with the science and math of chemistry. This stuff is really very predictable if you use the right inputs.

Glad you figured it out.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.