Krystalkrete Finish Qestion?

ecatlett

Jan 17, 2023
Media , PA
Hi I had Krystalkrete on Wed 6/7 12:30-3:30/4pm , water fill on Thursday am 9. My pool is 6000 gallons, very small. Shallow end 3 ft deep end 5 ft. I am working with a stubborn pH level that I seem to not be able to get down. I have run pump continously since water was delivered and I have brushed x 2 per day. I am following the National Plaster C handout for opening.

Thurs Day one pH 8.4
- muriatic acid treatment to lower. I did research and the MA freaked me out about contact with the new surface, recceomendation was to use 22 ouces over 8 hours- 10 ounce/5 gallon water bucket ever 4 hours. But my pool is very shallow and I was concered. That rec'd seemed too agressive but I did it the first day.
FYI
After an MA treatment to only the deep end I always brush to move it around in hopes it would prevent it from settling on new surface

Fri Day two - no water test, only strip. I went to a local pool store after work but their computer was down :(
- based on strip pH was still too high so I did MA treatment but this time 5 ounces per 5 gallons of pool water every 2 hours for a total of 22 ounces over 8+hours.

Sat Day three - noticed discoloration of gray finish in shallow and deep end, light spots, some rings in shallow end, the stairs are uniformly lighter then they were on Th. Some white lines in deep end. Some white trowling lines at surface where tile meets surface
Called company to ask about it as I was very concerned.. I send pics They said they were closed and a supervisor would contact me Monday and to follow NPC guidlines

Hardness has been good. After 48 hours per NPC gideline I added 1/3 gallon of liquid cholorine Sat night

Sun Day 4 - water test pH is back to 8.4 bc cholrine makes it go up
pH is still too high so again I started the MA treatment 5ounce/5 gallon pool water x 4 over 8+hours . The white spots have me freaked out and the lightening at stairs

Any reccomendations?

Attachments

• npc-pool-start-up proceedure.pdf
    165 KB · Views: 2
Hi I had Krystalkrete on Wed 6/7 12:30-3:30/4pm , water fill on Thursday am 9. My pool is 6000 gallons, very small. Shallow end 3 ft deep end 5 ft. I am working with a stubborn pH level that I seem to not be able to get down. I have run pump continously since water was delivered and I have brushed x 2 per day. I am following the National Plaster C handout for opening.

Thurs Day one pH 8.4
- muriatic acid treatment to lower. I did research and the MA freaked me out about contact with the new surface, recceomendation was to use 22 ouces over 8 hours- 10 ounce/5 gallon water bucket ever 4 hours. But my pool is very shallow and I was concered. That rec'd seemed too agressive but I did it the first day.
FYI
After an MA treatment to only the deep end I always brush to move it around in hopes it would prevent it from settling on new surface

Fri Day two - no water test, only strip. I went to a local pool store after work but their computer was down :(
- based on strip pH was still too high so I did MA treatment but this time 5 ounces per 5 gallons of pool water every 2 hours for a total of 22 ounces over 8+hours.

Sat Day three - noticed discoloration of gray finish in shallow and deep end, light spots, some rings in shallow end, the stairs are uniformly lighter then they were on Th. Some white lines in deep end. Some white trowling lines at surface where tile meets surface
Called company to ask about it as I was very concerned.. I send pics They said they were closed and a supervisor would contact me Monday and to follow NPC guidlines

Hardness has been good. After 48 hours per NPC gideline I added 1/3 gallon of liquid cholorine Sat night

Sun Day 4 - water test pH is back to 8.4 bc cholrine makes it go up
pH is still too high so again I started the MA treatment 5ounce/5 gallon pool water x 4 over 8+hours . The white spots have me freaked out and the lightening at stairs

Any reccomendations?
Chlorine doesn’t make the pH go up. New plaster has a tendency to drive the pH up and so you need the acid to keep it at 7.X until things settle down. Are you diluting acid into a bucket? What are your water test results? (preferably not from a test strip or pool store)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.