Kreepy Or Knot?

pcmacd

Oct 3, 2010
Maricopa County, AZ
I am having great difficulty getting parts for my aquanaut-200, specifically the "Find 3, PVXS01SA-237-01 Upper Body, Blue Logo"

I order and wait, and in a month they tell me they are out of stock. Is THAT customer service?

Over and over again.

Perhaps Hayward won't ever make the part again so that we can buy some more of their overly complex schlock?

~~~~~
For over 20 years I had the original Kreepy Crawley in my California pool. It worked rather well. I went thru two of them, and doctored them up when parts wore out. It was pretty easy stuff to deal with.
  • Are the new Kreepys as good as the old are?
  • Is there a particular model that is superior?

I've a variable speed Hayward pump that runs full tilt for several hours ever night, then drops down to perhaps 50% RPM for five or six more hours.

I'd like to just get a Kreepy and wait for the parts for that extraordinarily complex Aquanaut to come in.

The Kreepy had ONE moving part. It was an exercise in minimalist design.
  • I'm a a degreed mechanical engineer, and always marveled at the simplicity of the Kreepy.

What say 'yall?

tanks

I am having great difficulty getting parts for my aquanaut-200, specifically the "Find 3, PVXS01SA-237-01 Upper Body, Blue Logo"

I order and wait, and in a month they tell me they are out of stock. Is THAT customer service?

Over and over again.

Perhaps Hayward won't ever make the part again so that we can buy some more of their overly complex schlock?

~~~~~
For over 20 years I had the original Kreepy Crawley in my California pool. It worked rather well. I went thru two of them, and doctored them up when parts wore out. It was pretty easy stuff to deal with.
  • Are the new Kreepys as good as the old are?
  • Is there a particular model that is superior?

I've a variable speed Hayward pump that runs full tilt for several hours ever night, then drops down to perhaps 50% RPM for five or six more hours.

I'd like to just get a Kreepy and wait for the parts for that extraordinarily complex Aquanaut to come in.

The Kreepy had ONE moving part. It was an exercise in minimalist design.
  • I'm a a degreed mechanical engineer, and always marveled at the simplicity of the Kreepy.

What say 'yall?

tanks
Still available, still good. Pentair now has two models so you have to look for the one that is not the Sand Shark.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.