Klean Strip “Green” Muriatic Acid (90% less fumes)

Brauch

Mar 4, 2024
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Does anyone know what percentage by mass or Baume I should assume this is? I should have looked more closely at the bottle, but I just snagged it on my way out of Lowe’s.IMG_2665.jpeg

The MS DS shows a range. I would assume full strength 31.45% in Poolmath though we know that is not how strong it is. Then retest pH after an hour and add more as needed.

Reactions: Brauch
It used to be labeled as 14%, then they removed it from the label and changed their MSDS to 'trade secret 10% to 30%' (or thereabouts). IMO they are hiding that it's weak, so i assume the lowest, because they'd be bragging about it if it was potent.

Use your testing to confirm, starting with using 31% in poolmath just in case.

Ace hardware has full strength for $9.99. There's nothing wrong with the half strength, you just need twice as much.

It’s around 15%. I’ve used it and it takes about double the dose to achieve the desired results when using 31% in poolmath. As was said before, dose and test then redose to ensure you hit your target.

Reactions: Brauch and Newdude
Why would they remove it?
Shrinkflation, less product for the same price.

With liquid products they don't even have to change the bottle shape like they would with condiments or such.

There's no way in H E double hockey sticks I will ever believe that they are making muriatic acid all Willy Nilly and don't know how strong it is. They know *exactly* how strong it is, but *don't* want you to know. :ROFLMAO:

I looked into this extensively a few years ago and had written notes on KleenStrip Green showing it was 13 Baume and 20% HCL.
Now, they could have changed the formula since I made these notes approx 4 years ago but that's what I found at that time.
The standard is 20 Baume at 31.45% as noted by others and I have refused to buy KS Green since..

It’s a dodgy effort to fulfill the marketing departments dream. “Lower fumes than standard muriatic acid”. Well true because it’s half the hydrogen chloride and twice as much deionized water. 😂

Shrinkflation, less product for the same price.

With liquid products they don't even have to change the bottle shape like they would with condiments or such.

There's no way in H E double hockey sticks I will ever believe that they are making muriatic acid all Willy Nilly and don't know how strong it is. They know *exactly* how strong it is, but *don't* want you to know. :ROFLMAO:
So I went to ace. They have 30 percent. Guess the price. Same as Lowe’s we don’t know how strong it is. So I figured out how strong Lowe’s is by this. What to know how? It’s the weak 9 percent stuff so they make triple the money on us. Lol

• Love

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
It’s a dodgy effort to fulfill the marketing departments dream. “Lower fumes than standard muriatic acid”. Well true because it’s half the hydrogen chloride and twice as much deionized water. 😂
Listen I’m going to take one for the team tonight and go sniff some. Lol cause I know for a fact the 30 percent stuff has a wicked kick to it. Wicked! lol

Can I add one other comment. This is why I love this place cause we know how to call bull (you know) on sooooo many people and companies and there is nothing I love more than calling someone on something. lol. Call me mean I don’t care but its the truth all people and companies what to do anymore is take advantage of us who are paying them.

I use my meter to be certain

View attachment 562076
Cmon man this is TFP. We require drop testing to ensure accuracy. We have no idea how or when your BE meter was calibrated nor to what standard. As well the accuracy of such devices usually falls in the range of 64.3% off the shelf when new. 😜🤣

• Haha
Reactions: Newdude
Cmon man this is TFP. We require drop testing to ensure accuracy. We have no idea how or when your BE meter was calibrated nor to what standard. As well the accuracy of such devices usually falls in the range of 64.3% off the shelf when new. 😜🤣
Seriously. I used to freak out if I was 1 drop off on my tests. I would be texting my one buddy all freaked out. Lol like tomorrow I would wake up to black plague water even though it is crystal clear right now. Lol

I have gotten so much more out of this post than I bargained for. The pool world doesn’t deserve a crew like this. They are literally just holes with water in them.

Thank you for the help and perspective, everyone.
Listen I pride myself never having a season with algae yet. When my neighbors make fun of me when I open this Friday. I’ll hear it as people walk by. Kinda early. Rushing summer. When they open to a green pool 2 months later they usually don’t stop to talk then. Weird. I don’t know why. Lol. I love love love it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support