Kitchen tile removal

patrickphimr

May 24, 2022
United kingdom
I started a thread a while back about scale build up on my tile line. I've searched the site and followed all the suggestions but I'm really not getting the results I thought I would. I've been in the pool with a spray bottle of m/a and have torn through two pumice stones in a matter of minutes. I then tried a wire cup brush attached to my cordless drill and BINGO the scale came right off leaving my tile looking really good. My concern is will the wire brush harm the tile by removing the glaze or scratch the finish or anything like that.
Thanks for any feed back or suggestions :cheers: .
Here is the original thread with pics.
surprised-by-scaling-pics-t29670.html
Hi there.

So I've got a whole kitchen fitted with horribly ugly tiles and the walls are all plasterboard. I tried taking one out with a chisel only to cut into the wall a little.

Was wondering what might be the best way to sort of save the wall, how I could safely remove the tiles + grout?

And after removal, I wanted to plaster and paint (but I've never plastered before so I'm wondering if an easier option might be to flatten the surface by removing grout as much as possible and sort of add on new grout and tiles - if that's even something possible to do instead of plastering?)
tile removal raleigh
Thanks.
Hi there.

So I've got a whole kitchen fitted with horribly ugly tiles and the walls are all plasterboard. I tried taking one out with a chisel only to cut into the wall a little.

Was wondering what might be the best way to sort of save the wall, how I could safely remove the tiles + grout?

And after removal, I wanted to plaster and paint (but I've never plastered before so I'm wondering if an easier option might be to flatten the surface by removing grout as much as possible and sort of add on new grout and tiles - if that's even something possible to do instead of plastering?)

Thanks.

That's an interesting pool in your kitchen with plasterboard :cool::cool::cool:

But seriously, this is a pool forum, not a DIY forum. I did a google search, and found several methods. This one looks pretty good to me

Hi there.

Thanks.
Depending on the size of
Tiles that are currently on wall. Tile on tile is possible. There are some really good company’s putting out some really strong thin set. There’s epoxy grout on the market as well. I use the epoxy grout on all the pools
That i tile.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.