Charlotte
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Truclear / Ei
Hi. My house came with the pool. The pool came with a blue floating bubble wrap cover cut to the shape and a huge rectangular shaped black net. So for the past three years I have been covering the pool with the blue floating bubble wrap and the net on top to catch coat leafs. Such a pain in the Rear. No hooks, no reels. All manual.

Is there a better way to cover the pool? I have a water feature in the middle edge of the pool. Automatic cover is probably not an option here given the shape of my pool. I just want something less labor intensive.

OK that gives you 3 choices for location. Either the ends or almost at the end and the little flap leftover will just suck up into the roll. You can go with a shorter that doesn't span the total width of the wide spots, but while it saves a few ft of patio space, it creates a new PITA of always having to flip over the extra flaps from the wider spots. So I'd go with one of these.

Screenshot_20230322_143512_Chrome.jpg

OK that gives you 3 choices for location. Either the ends or almost at the end and the little flap leftover will just suck up into the roll. You can go with a shorter that doesn't span the total width of the wide spots, but while it saves a few ft of patio space, it creates a new PITA of always having to flip over the extra flaps from the wider spots. So I'd go with one of these.

View attachment 478302
is this something mounted or needs to be rolled out for closure? Can it be somehow fastened to the pool for safety?
I’m still confused about the setup and what exactly it is. Do you have a link to the product? Is it custom made or can be purchased online and installed by me?

is this something mounted or needs to be rolled out for closure?
Most reels have wheels for versatility but can also be bolted to the deck if needed. There are several styles. Reel

Is it custom made or can be purchased online and installed by me?
Prefab Ikea style in a box and you bolt it together.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.