meestahmarc

Jun 7, 2018
Paramus, NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi, pools closed and it's cold out here in north NJ. so I've owned my pool 5 years,. for some reason, and I have no idea why, I have this fear of leaving my sump pump in the pool to automatically drain as needed. Is this nonsense?

It's a simple Everbilt black pump. Will it stain my 3 year old plaster if it sits on it all winter? any issues with the hose end being metal and staying in the water?

Again, I don't know why I never leave it in, connected and just plug in as needed.

It's a simple Everbilt black pump
It's likely oil filled. If it decided to leak and had a few months head start, it would suck one way or the other be it the floor or the tile line.

I peel a corner occasionally and drain when needed. Depending how much you drain, you can check the skimmer water height to see if it's time.

No sir. You are a pool enthusiast who gives their pool the proper forethought. You are amongst your peers here, free of judgement. :ROFLMAO:

Leaving a submersible pump in the pool can create rust stains. Cheap submersible pumps are not designed for continuous submerged applications. They are designed as point of use water removal devices. The cheap ones often have externally exposed metal screens that are not high quality stainless steel. These pumps are not designed for moving water over long periods of time and pool water can easily become corrosive towards metals when chlorine and chloride are present.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.