Keeping my Intex pool clean and clear

Hello everyone, we will be putting up an Intex pool soon and I have a few questions:
1. We will be placing it on a dirt area of our backyard, what is the best way to prepare the ground as my DH is afraid of mold underneath.
2. What is the best way to keep it clean and clear, the pump that the pools come with never seems to stay on top of the algae and other problems.
3. Can you post pictures of some "decking" ideas, what do you put around your above ground pool to "landscape" it.
4. Does anyone have a deck?

Thanks everyone, it's fun to be a part of this forum!
Diane

I have a 16x48 intex. The 1500gph worked great for us till it died.

We use the intex salt water chlorine generator and a Hayward skimmer and it stays crystal clear with minimal maintenance and cost.

There are some deck ideas on Pinterest.

Hello everyone, we will be putting up an Intex pool soon and I have a few questions:
2. What is the best way to keep it clean and clear, the pump that the pools come with never seems to stay on top of the algae and other problems.
3. Can you post pictures of some "decking" ideas, what do you put around your above ground pool to "landscape" it.
4. Does anyone have a deck?

Thanks everyone, it's fun to be a part of this forum!
Diane

If you have algae, it's not just the pump. Check out pool school on this forum for how to prevent that.

I have a deck I'm building - it's not much to look at yet but the kids love it.

This is our deck...

41a25f1b7d764f728f9b18bb63b5c799.jpg

here is a pic of my deck. i put mulch around my pool. i plan on changing that out either later this year or next year. just did not have the money to put the smooth sided pebbles around it. spent most of my money on the deck this year.

NicenNice setup! Does the mulch get muddy when it rains or pool water spills over?

Also what is that contraction spraying water in the pool?

BTW love your signs!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.