Cape Coral, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Turbo Cell (T-CELL-5)
I am new to Florida and Florida weather. I'm also a snowbird. In December and January, the weather can get quite chilly in southwest Florida. Right now we've been in the low 50s at night and low 60s during the day. Unfortunately, my solar pool cover died last year and Im waiting for my new one so I don't even have my pool cover. My question is, do I bother to leave the pool heater on during this time or give up and shut 'er down for a month? Does it pay to try and heat your water to even 80 degrees during this time? I'm not swimming in 50 or 60 degree weather. Or am I just making it harder for my heater when I turn it back on to try and heat er up to 87 degrees all over again? Thanks for any advice.

Heating an outdoor pool without a cover is a costly venture. If you’re not swimming there’s no reason for the heater to be running for a month. Definitely get a replacement solar cover before you’re ready to start swimming again.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.