Keep adding chlorine

Jul 5, 2013
Greenwood, IN
I seem to be adding about 2 gallons of shock per day. I just tested my water with the tft test kit. Here is where I am at

Fc 0

Ph 7.8

Ta 130

Cya 40

Have a 40,000 gallon liner I ground pool. I added 2 gallons of liquid shock 10%
And when I test it again tomorrow the fc will be zero. Should I have to add 2 gallons of shock everyday? Pool has been open for about a week and no one has been in it yet? Also wondering how often sand should be changed in sand filter? Anyway to know when it’s time to change? Could that be my problem? The sand in the filter is at least 7 years old
Thanks for the help
John

That's not a normal loss, sounds like you have something growing. The solution to that is to SLAM Process the pool. That will get rid of whatever is growing and get your daily FC demand under control.

Sand should never need changed. You may want to pop the top off of it and try a deep clean to get any gunk out that is hiding in there, but the sand itself should be just fine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.