Just want to share my success story....only Fellow TFP people would understand:)

AmyCJeff

Gold Supporter
May 31, 2023
Henderson, NV
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
So...I just completed my 2nd "no drain/refill" process for my pool. I started with CH = 1350
Just tested and I am at 350!!!!! Whoooo Hoooo!!! yay!!!

I don't even know if I know how to maintain the chemicals in a pool with that low of CH...lol! I'm half kidding...lol!

I'm just so excited to be in the "normal" range of CH for the first time ever:)

For background:
Last June, I did this process for the 1st time and started with a CH = 1600 and ended with 800
For reference my Tap water CH = 300

I figured out what I did wrong last time:
1) I had the wrong size for my pool (pool guy told me 17,000...it was closer to 20,000)
2) I was using the wrong gallons being pumped out per minute (thought it was 6...but actually 5.7)
3) So, I did not drain ALL the water...left about 3,000-4,000 galloons
4) Got some mixing due to how I was filling the pool for the first 6 hrs.

Here's to a GREAT Summer ahead:)

Last edited:
Thank you:) I have read this, but never bookmarked it:) I will re-read to refresh my memory:)
My CH got to 1600 BEFORE I found this WONDERFUL site. It was tough to maintain everything when CH was 800, but I managed it by keeping TA on the low side. I did not want to drain my pool again after just doing it. I managed to keep CH around 950 up until about 2 months ago. The weird thing is....we got a TON of rain (for Vegas) and somehow my CH shot up. Go figure.