Just started conversion from Baquacil to Chlorine to SWG

Thanks so much for quick reply!
This is a wonderful website and everyone has been such a help.
Yes the water looks wonderful and I can't wait to get in, temps are in high 90s.
Will push FC up again right away and keep my fingers crossed on passing OCLT real soon.
Know TA is high, fill water is well water and pretty hard! Will keep an eye on it and once pool is in use we can get tis under control. Am excited that this happened so quickly.

Thanks again

Day 9: 8 AM test results
FC = 8 added chlorine last night to bring to shock level of 10 according to pool calculator
CC = 0.5 Yeah 2nd day in a row past OCLT!!!!! :-D
PH = 7.5 up 0.1 from yesterday
TA = 275 up 25 from yesterday
CH =325 down 25 from yesterday
CYA = 10? not sure on CYA level, black dot got smaller but never disappeared. So level could be zero? Has been 48 hrs since I added Walmart brand 4 lb. container through skimmer baskets. Should I wait a week before l add more, see quote?
Suziqzer said:
Cya can take up to a week to show up on your test.
Am afraid to get CYA to high! this has me a little puzzled :?:
Should I work on TA levels? Plan on using pool a lot over the next days, will that help with PH and TA levels?
What about CH? Fill water is well water and water is very hard! Pool gets full sun all day so we lose water. Good thunderstorm rain would be welcome at this time.
Have to wait to add SWG until friend can help us to do this! Should I maintain pool at BBB method until then? Keeping levels at "Bleach" levels according to Pool School? Have pool calculator set to goals according to TFP - Bleach - Vinyl using pSiflow iphone app, wonderful app.
Water looks amazing, have some vacuuming to do, more baqua debris on bottom of pool. But much less then just yesterday. Will also scrub walls. Pressure is holding so I hope I can wait with backwashing a couple more days, don't want to lose the CYA if there is any to lose....
So many questions???? Any suggestions at this time are welcome. Can't wait to get back in the pool it looks so inviting!

Many thanks

Yes, your CYA level tests as zero. With the standard CYA test, the CYA level can be as high as 20 and still read as zero on the test. 4 lbs of CYA should only raise CYA to around 24, so that doesn't seem at all surprising. I would go ahead and add another 4 lbs of CYA, wait a week, and see where you are then.

With high CH levels in your fill water, you may eventually have CH problems, but for now all you need to do is work on getting TA down. For now, lower PH to around 7.2, and that will start lowering TA. Then read about lowering TA in Pool School.

Yep, BBB is the easiest way to go until the SWG is ready.

You don't need to maintain shock level any more unless the CC level comes back up.

Day 10 of conversion and holding strong!
Test results 8 AM:
FC = 2 added 37 oz of 6% bleach to get to 3
CC = 0.5 morning will come when CC = 0, I know!!!!
ph = 7.2
TA = 250 have to add some acid but am scared to handle this caustic liquid, will get husband do it.
CH = 300 guess that's OK for now
CYA = 30 Yeah little black dot finally disappeared - so excited!

Plan on getting in pool this afternoon to get splashing (aerate) to raise ph. Can't add borax, TA to high.

Anything else I should be concerned about? Believe we made it! See pic!

Thank you so much for all your help!!! Would have never happened without this forum!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1312554191.822070.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1312554191.822070.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 16
Pic didn't post!?!? Will try again later.
4a20fae2-00de-cf4c.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.