Just received the TF Pro test kit - Wow!

DavidD

Mar 29, 2007
Mt Juliet, TN
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I've been testing pool & spa water for over 20 years. I purchased my first Pool Forum test kit back in 2001 or so and after wearing it out built my own using all Taylor re agents and hardware and even a Plano Tackle box just like the original. I have a very good friend who is building a pool and wanted to give them a test kit for Christmas. Rather than build them one, I ordered the TF Pro. I am impressed! Love, love love the case. It allows the test tubes to stand up rather than lay down, is a smaller foot print and is first class all the way. I also really like the Smart Stir stirring device (had to try it out). The entire kit is well thought out. Guess I'll be ordering one for myself now....... Very Nice job TFtestkits!

Attachments

• MyTestKitvsTFPro1.jpg
    MyTestKitvsTFPro1.jpg
    255.6 KB · Views: 84
  • MyTestKitvsTFPro2.jpg
    MyTestKitvsTFPro2.jpg
    485.3 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
They really are super nice! I am still rocking the old plano box myself but I aspire to have a tf pro one day.
You’re a great friend btw!

Reactions: DavidD
Having started with a tf100 and speed stir, I appreciated the organization of the Pro *every last time* I used it. I modified the TF100 case to fit the smart stir and salt test and it was a mess and no matter what bottle I needed, it was buried under a different one and I had to hunt, rattle and pick everytime.

I don't even pull the smartstir now, I test right in the case.

Back in the day, the TF100 and k2006C were the same price and the k2006 organization was a reasonable trade for the wonky supply amounts. Now, the TF100 has 2.7x the amounts of the comparably priced k2006(no C) for a no brainer, and the TFpro has a nicer case, better supplies for TFP ways and $48 stirrer for the price of the K2006C. A no brainer of a no brainer.

We reccomend both TF kits as better values than their Taylor counterparts but most people have to see them to understand. Welcome to the TFpro club. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Mdragger88
duraleigh, are you responsible for this design?
Not really. "OTPirate" (my other daughter) get;s about 95% of the credit. I advised on some small detail stuff but the entire concept and actual production was hers.

The financial liability for start up was her's, too. It was a risky step for her small business but she produced a good product that has been really successful.

Not really. "OTPirate" (my other daughter) get;s about 95% of the credit. I advised on some small detail stuff but the entire concept and actual production was hers.

The financial liability for start up was her's, too. It was a risky step for her small business but she produced a good product that has been really successful.
Kudos to her! The kit is marvelous and no doubt she will continue to have success with it.

My next door neighbor just had a pool built and wanted to know who serviced my pool. When I told him I’ve been doing it since my pool was renovated nearly six years ago, using the TFP method, he looked a bit surprised. Seeing his reaction, I told him about TFP and showed him the app and suggested he consider doing it himself. Several days later, much to my surprise, he called and said he was going to go the TFP route and asked if I would help him get started and what he would need. I told him the first step is to get either a Taylor 2006C or a TFP test kit and a speed stir. About a week later he calls and says he’s ready to go and could I come over to guide him with his first tests. When I got there he shows me his new test kit which I didn’t recognize. I asked what kit it was to which he replied, it’s a TFP kit with a speed stir and salt test. When he opened it I couldn’t believe what I was looking at. It was so well laid out and contained so much more than a higher priced Taylor kit and reagent amounts suited for the TFP methods. Hats off to all who designed and produced this outstanding kit.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
and reagent amounts suited for the TFP methods.
+1. The K2006C looks good on paper but there's simply no need for 144 CH and TA tests. Most do them monthly and some every other month.

The 30 extra FC tests in the TF kits on the other hand, will certainly be needed as we test that daily unlike the pool services / stores.

The SLAM option (double the FC tests) is always a smart move for newbs and those with swamps. They'll both be testing more frequently than normal and may exhaust the regular supply because of it. If they're a newb WITH a swamp, lookout. Buy 2 SLAM options. :ROFLMAO:

One year pool owner. Came with the house. Old owner used the drop test thing.
I joined troublefreepools, realized I needed something more robust - and purchased the TFP kit - with stirrer and salt test.
The best investment I have made so far!
I test often!
e
Only one thing I did change/add. I could not get the Cya testing down. Small tube I guess.
Purchased the Pentair much larger tube model with sliding black dot stick.
Im much more confident in my CYA readings now.

@JGrana01

I have three CYA test kits and also like the Pentair sliding dot CYA test kit the best...

That said, no matter which test kit, they are all very subjective.. I believe the key is to try to do the test the same way each time, so that even if you are off by 10 or 20 ppm, you will consistently be off the same amount.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.