Just Opened Pool, test results after one day. Things are a little high

jdsaengine

Opened our fiberglass pool yesterday, first time being a pool owner after it got built last fall. Pool info in the signature

I got TF Pro Salt test kit and for first time did these tests
FC - 11
TA - 300
PH- off the scale high, maybe 8
CYA 50
Salt 4000

Using TFP pool math app, I added 28 oz of acid to lower PH (and to by default lower TA ??) and will continue for the next couple of days to get PH down.

SWG right now is set at 30%, but probably should turn down even more to 10%

Water is cold right now 70F and auto cover is on since its raining and lots of box wood Crud floating in the air, so no chance in next couple of day to open it up to sunshine to try and deplete the chlorine level.

Other than all the above, anything I should be doing for the next week before we get warm enough to swim?

BTW, to maintain the 1yr warranty on the new pool, we have to take a test into their pool store for them to test weekly, so should be telling how my tests and theirs's jibe.

Did my own testing again today then took a sample to the pool store (I have to take a sample to them once a week to maintain my first year warranty so don't dis me for doing that)
Actually surprised that both of the tests were surprisingly similar, so kudos to the pool store lady.
FC is still way high left over from the winter, so turned off the SWG (it was set at 10%) and keep the cover off more in the next couple of days of sunshine, turning up the splash fountains and slowly lower the PH with acid
First swim on Sunday when the temps finally gets to 80 and it stops raining

FC 11
CC 0
TA 220
PH 7.8
CYA 50
CH 200
Salt 4000

Reactions: newdude
Actually surprised that both of the tests were surprisingly similar, so kudos to the pool store lady.
It happens. If you go enough times, you'll see enough discrepancies that it calls every week into question. And if nothing else, yours is accurate, so other thoughts aren't needed.

(I have to take a sample to them once a week to maintain my first year warranty so don't dis me for doing that)
SWEET !!!! You maintain the warranty *and* get free toilet paper. Take the win.