Just opened, chemistry readings coming soon - I'm gonna need some help. :)

So Here I am as of today...CYA did hit 60...did the test a couple of times to confirm I was consistent...

Date: 5/8/14
FC 6.5
CC 0
TC 6.5
pH 7.9
TA --
CH --
CYA 60
Salt 3000

Didn't bother retesting TA or CH right now. I think I'm going to hold CYA around 60 for now. I've been running the pump almost non stop for 2 weeks getting it to this level. FC could drop a bit, but that's likely due to the pump running so much so the SWG is doing it's thing, even at 30%. Water temp is 65.

I added some MA to bring the PH down a bit, but I think I'm done tinkering except for maybe lowering TA (reading is about 120)...I'm ready to ride out a summer with a TFP! Thoughts?

Things are settling down a bit with my numbers now. I intentionally lowered by SWG output to only 30% over the last few days to drop my FC...

This is where I am now.

FC: 3.5
CC: 0
PH: 7.6
TA: 110
Salt: 3000
CYA: 50
CH: 80

So I plan to bring CYA to around 60-70 and FC up to about 5 and then hold my numbers around there. Would you all agree that pretty much gets my pool in good shape once I do? Then just on to maintenance mode of my TFP?

Thanks all.

My TA has naturally worked its way down to 90. I assume it being the side benefit of using MA to lower PH. But I Have it all dialed in now. I'll bring CYA up a touch when the patio is done, but I have the hang of it now. We had a small party today and folks were making comments about how "smooth" and beautiful the water was. I noticed a light haze when it was all over in the deep end though. I assume just the heavier swimmer load?

Thanks. It looked cloudy this morning. So I'll help out the SWG a bit with some manual dosing of bleach to bump it up. I'm actually wondering now though, if it's the dust from the patio construction that finally got all kicked around int he pool with the activity.? It's the first time the pool saw use by more than 1 kid. The patio is really dusty, and the color is light, so even when I vac'd I doubt I got it all. Plus I noticed a jump in PSI on the filter. From 18 to 21. Not quote 25% yet, but I'm thinking I should backwash, add more DE, and then bump the chlorine.

Sounds like a plan?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The patio is really dusty

I'm new to all this, but I hose my deck off around the pool almost every day to keep any dirt/twigs/leaves/bugs away from the pool. Especially in the summer with the windy thunderstorms. I hose the "other side" to knock it away from the pool, and then hose it out the fence. I can see where a bunch of kids getting in and out would track a bunch of trash in.

We're still having the patio built, and that saw they use to cut pavers makes one heck of a mess. That's what I'm wondering is in there. My FC is in the right spot for my SWG and CYA levels, so I'm thinking (hoping) it's just that.

I bet it is from the sawing. That stuff gets EVERY where! Wait until you see how "dusty" your house gets even with the doors and windows shut. If you do see dust inside you might want to think about changing your AC filter once they are done.

Let it settle then sneak up on it with your manual vac.

Kim

Just backwashed. Boy it was dirty! Normal OP is 18-18.5psi. It was at 21 when I decided it was time. By this morning, it was 25! I didn't pull it apart, cause the work still isn't done. I figure I'll do that when everything is done and really clean it. But just a backwash got me right back to 18.5psi...We'll see if it clears up the pool FC is 6 so I'm good there.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.