Just installed a new liner and filling up the pool...

Thank you for the above link. My levels after filling the pool and getting the equipment running for a day are:
FC: 2 (the pool company added some liquid shock when finishing the installation)
CC: 0
pH: 7.2
TA: 30
CH: 0
CYA: 0

The guide days after bringing up the CYA I can then add chlorine to normal levels, and with PH in an acceptable range I can worry about the TA levels later. I was expecting much more work than this but it's not any different than normal maintenance unless I am missing something.

Your not missing anything.

Just do your normal maintenance on the pool water.

I am back with a question about my TA and PH levels. My PH has been pretty steady for the past two weeks, while I have not done anything to increase my TA, which has remained at 35. I have only added 8 lbs of CYA and have been adding 1/2 gallon of 10% chlorine each day since my last post above. Since my TA is a bit below the recommended range, but my PH is steady, should I worry about adding baking soda? My experience in prior years is that my PH generally runs higher so I don't want to increase it unnecessarily by adding the baking soda. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
FC: 4
CC: 0
pH: 7.2-7.4
TA: 35
CH: 0
CYA: 40

How do you get a TA of 35?

What test kit are you using?

Leave your TA alone if your pH is stable.

I have the Taylor K-2006. I say 35 b/c the sample was faintly green after three drops so that's my way of indicating it is in between 30 and 40. Thanks for the advice, if I leave the TA as is, should I only look to raise it if the PH level come down
Your TA is 40.

You add drops until the last drop makes no change in color and subtract that drop from your count.

Your TA may even be 50 if you test it correctly.