Birdsfan

Jun 26, 2023
Phila Pa
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I have a 22,000 gallon chlorine sport pool (6' deep end) and 3 weeks ago I had it replastered. I went with Diamond Brite French Grey after originally having white. I have never seen a pool this color but thought it would look more "lagoon" like. While my steps seem good the pool floor seems more like a water color painting of a cloudy sky if that makes sense? I have brushed the pool twice a day, tested the water every other day at a pool supply store and at this point have only added muriatic acid every other day to knock the ph down and calcium carbonate as directed. I have been adding the chemicals to a bucket of water then adding to the pool while the DE filter is running, which is 18 hours a day. Is this what the finish is supposed to look like? I'm not even sure I don't like it I just don't want to spend $10k on something that isn't right. Anyone with a Diamond Brite French Grey pool wish to share pics please do so. One photo is the day of, about a week later then today. PXL_20230607_100901348.jpgPXL_20230604_182827740.jpgPXL_20230626_211055119.MP.jpg

Hello welcome to Trouble Free Pools... we're all pool owners here who like to share knowledge and help others.
First off- check this thread for others with the same plaster:

I'll go back now and read the rest of your post....

Maddie :flower:

We built our pool in 2018 and used Diamond Brite French Grey, as well. Yours looks accurate to me. I think all of the colored plaster like this looks mottled, and won’t appear perfectly smooth. I was concerned at first, but we like it. I’ve attached a few pictures of ours.

Attachments

• IMG_4960.jpeg
    IMG_4960.jpeg
    414.7 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_4956.jpeg
    IMG_4956.jpeg
    387.4 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_8731.jpeg
    IMG_8731.jpeg
    744.1 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_4055.jpeg
    IMG_4055.jpeg
    624.4 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
We built our pool in 2018 and used Diamond Brite French Grey, as well. Yours looks accurate to me. I think all of the colored plaster like this looks mottled, and won’t appear perfectly smooth. I was concerned at first, but we like it. I’ve attached a few pictures of ours.
That makes me feel better. BTW, I love your outdoor space!

Hello welcome to Trouble Free Pools... we're all pool owners here who like to share knowledge and help others.
First off- check this thread for others with the same plaster:

I'll go back now and read the rest of your post....

Maddie :flower:
I did read that thread first but didn't post there, I saw a message that stated it was an older thread and would not be responded to.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.