JUST got TF-100 HELP please

How often are you backwashing now? Are you waiting until after the pressure has risen 20-25%? Letting the filter get dirty will help it filter better.

The risk with adding DE too early is that it will clog quickly. So, if you want to give it a try make sure you are going to be around to monitor the pressure.

The gauge has maybe moved 1 or 2 lbs. It's been over a week since I back washed. I think it was at 12 or 13 earlier tonight. 10-11 is after a backwash. Is having just a skimmer enough going to the filter or should I have a lower down in the pool out to filter fitting as well?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

brushing 1-2 times daily & vacuuming doesn't look like it is bringing much up anymore. This is 1st yr with sand filter, bought used, assembled myself. Could something be off there? How would I tell. I switched from filter to circulate before & on circulate pressure went up a few lbs.

It is normal for the pressure to be different when you switch from filter and recirculate.

You gave ranges on your pressure. Usually not a biggie, but 25% above a clean pressure of 10 is 12.5 which is close to the high range of your current pressure.

I'm not saying it is time to backwash, but it would be a good idea to keep an eye on how fast the water is returning to the pool. Sand filters usually work best when dirty, so you don't want to backwash too soon, but you don't want to wait too long.

Your filter is pretty small and sand filters take longer filter out the finer particles.

It would hurt to open up the filter and do a deep clean and inspect the laterals.

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Well, today has been washed out. Severe storms with torrential downpours & quarter sized hail & lightning. Pool would be at a good point to backwash with the high water levels, lol. Hope to catch a break long enough to test & add chlorine & get back to it tomorrow.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

OK, I finally got tired of fighting this since June 13th and went to Hone Depot last night & bought some FLOC. Pool was still VERY milky & could just barely see the bottom at the edge if you really strained to look. Put it in & followed directions in the label, circulated for 2 hrs, then let sit overnight. BAM I can actually SEE the bottom this morning. I started to vacuum to waste. I'm currently waiting for the pool to fill back up enough to finish vacuuming to waste as I ended up with my water level at the bottom of the skimmer opening. Once, I get it vacuumed out, I'll get the chemistry right. Is there anything I need to be on the lookout for?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.