Just got my new S300i

basod

Gold Supporter
May 27, 2015
Mount Cheaha Alabama
Ordered over the phone from Atlas in ATL just couldn't find the time to get over there and pick one up so Matt hooked me up and shipped it. Has a $125 rebate right now so not bad overall.

Dropped it in the pool for a maiden voyage ~1145. Pool was full of caterpillar doodie and some leaves having not vacuumed since Sunday and it's been raining for days here. Pulled after I got back from taking my lab to the vet emptied over half a basket full and started another 3hr cycle.

Just finished up and I'm pretty impressed it does struggle where the floor meets the slope kinda straddles it and doesn't suck anything up but eventually picked up 95% of the solids. I did lose a bit when pulling it out both times as well otherwise a nice machine.

Welcome to the S300i club. Mine's been in operation since mid April. If you use the phone App you get more advanced options for cleaning. Ultra Mode might help with wall/floor transitions. The integrated coarse/ultra-fine basket is impressive.

Remember, when you put the unit back in the caddy (not sure if you plan to leave it in 24/7), coil the cable with large diameter loop. Don't coil it tightly around the cable arm. You want to avoid putting twists into the cable as well as that will make it tangle in the pool; definitely don't use a fireman's coil to hang it.

Enjoy the bot!!

Remember, when you put the unit back in the caddy (not sure if you plan to leave it in 24/7), coil the cable with large diameter loop. Don't coil it tightly around the cable arm. You want to avoid putting twists into the cable as well as that will make it tangle in the pool; definitely don't use a fireman's coil to hang it.

Enjoy the bot!!

Yes, I second this too... and I like laying mine stretched out to relax quite often. This really helps a lot I find.

Third run this morning really liking this not vacuuming the pool deal. The app is on my phone and connected from my upper deck:p.
I've been being gentle and giving the cord ample radius when stowing.

it did lose a bit of stuff again during removal, going no to try pulling it at a different angle next run.

Pull the unit out slowly so that the grey handle is tilted at a slight angle higher than the rear of the unit. That will allow the basket to drain slowly without losing too much debris. I also pull the unit out with a little water in it a get some drag out on the deck.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.