Just Getting Started - Pool Water Still Cloudy

Your CH isn't all that high, if your fill water is lower then you can let it come down over time.

Here is the process for Lowering Total Alkalinity

Early Sunday Morning. Have only added 4 oz of Cal-Hypo a bit earlier on Saturday.

Sunday Morning:

FC = 7.0
CC = 0
PH = 7.6
TA < 140
CH = 420
CYA = 30

Acid Demand Test says 8 oz. I don't understand how I can have acid demand after a heavy rainfall, but, oh, well.

I will probably wait until about noon and re-test the water.

No real need to work the TA all that much. It will work itself down over time. Just keep the PH around 7.5.

Great advice. Patient, as well. PH is holding steady at 7.4, water is still clear and TA has been going down. As of Monday Evening, TA is about 130 or a bit more. Chlorine level is good at 2.5, although I did I have to up the daily addition of Cal-Hypo by 1 oz. That's only because I was dropping .5 FC over a 24 hour period. My maintenance times lately have dropped to 10-15 minutes a day. Most of that short time is spent brushing. NO CC levels today. Wonderful!

I am wondering how much I should run the pump and when. I've basically ran it 24/7 until now. I'm sure running it all the time isn't necessary, even if not detrimental. I bought some DE to 'dirty my filter' and 'polish' the water but it hasn't arrived yet.

Thanks for all the help.

-Del

Just updating. My DE arrived yesterday, I added a bit as directed and my pool water has never looked this good, even straight out of the tap.

I realize now there exists enough valuable resources on this website that posting a thread wasn't even necessary.

This forum and website have been more helpful than anything. I am glad I came to the right place. If I can help some people in the future, I will. Be that a neighbor, family member or someone on this forum.

My maintenance time has been cut down to 5-10 minutes a day. Wonderful. Knowledge is power. I have what I need going forward.

I want to thank everyone that helped.

For old time's sake, one last reading:

FC = 3.5
CC = 0
PH = 7.5
TA < 130
CH = 420
CYA = 30

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.