just filled pool!!! HALP!

The borax is not a critical need at this time. If you plan on lowering the TA and need to raise pH quickly borax or washing soda (in the laundry aisle at the store, usually down low on the rack) will work. (you don't have to lower the TA if the pH is stable) Right now your pH is fine at 7.2. If you would like to raise it a little you can point the return up so the surface of the water churns and raise the pH by aeration.

Alright Just tested again! as well as put 3 pounds of stabilizer(CYA) in a sock in front of my return and pump is running.
Results:
hardness 100
Chlorine 0
Bromine 0
Ph 7.8
Ta seems to be off the charts as well as Stabilizer.. But my wife didn't get the sample of water until after I squeezed the sock for a few over the return of stabilizer....
I asked her to get before...
but I will be putting in the required bleach ( 83 oz) per the pool calc.
and that will be it.

Also my return is fountain-like similar to this guys
intex-pool-and-deck-build-t23031-40.html?hilit=intex

Anything I should be carefull or wary of? higher ph levels? from aeration any pointers tips??

THANKS
DAN

Don't worry about stabilizer right now... worry about keeping your FC above minimum. If you let algae grow you will have a green, cloudy pool. Only bleach keeps the pool sanitized and the algae and other organics dead.

If you are adding CYA, assume you already have it in the pool and add CL based on your pool size and CYA target. Use the PoolCalculator ...and pour in that bleach!

Go squish the sock. Do it every 10 minutes if you like. I would bet it'll mostly disperse in the water tonight if you do that.

If you added 40ppm CYA, just call it what it is and don't test it. Till next week (maybe a little sooner if you get it squished out right away). From now on, your CYA is 40 for all intents and purposes, and the Pool Calculator. Unless you measured or calculated wrong, it's in there. Phew... ok. stop thinking about CYA. Have a drink...

Thats what I figured after tonight I will assume 35 cya.. just to be safe and go from there. and I will test this Saturday probably as I will squish the sock in the AM and get it all out maybe swim around with sock in hand and squish. sound like a good idea to me.
THANKS!
DAN

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Squished all cya/stabilizer out this morning(3Lbs) enough for about 30 ppm. Swam and cleaned clear and NICE again today, maybe a touch cloudier but could of just been bc the sun wasn't out very much today.
But just added 111OZ of bleach! so much. to try to get to 4.5 ppm of FC as it was sitting at 0 again. Hopefully the stabilizer will keep some of that chlorine for tomorrow nights test!
Any tips advice always helps!!
THANKS!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.