Just another build in Texas

wow...that is fantastic! Such a cool cabana to hang out under at night!

Massive project but it looks like you have a legit crew working at it. Even brought their own port-a-john!

Edit...and I just realized you are 1yr into this project! I can't imagine! I'm one week into my build and have slept very little. I keep waking up in a startle thinking that I overlooked something. Congrats on getting through it!

That is a great back yard you've built for yourself! Have you considered building a lattice wall out from your cabana across the end of your pool to screen the view (and lights) of the apartment complex? A quick growing vine would be just the ticket and would give you something until your evergreens mature in a few years.

That is a great back yard you've built for yourself! Have you considered building a lattice wall out from your cabana across the end of your pool to screen the view (and lights) of the apartment complex? A quick growing vine would be just the ticket and would give you something until your evergreens mature in a few years.

Yep, that's one of the things still to be done. There will be a 4 post arbor behind the spa with a hanging/swinging daybed and then we'll plant vines that will grow up and over.

ok i'm stealing ideas. lol cause ur layout of the pool house kitchen is spot on. how deep deep are ur cabinets for the grill? they aren't regular 24" deep cause of the lid for the grill are they?

also how far away is ur egg from the grill and what size egg do you have? how wide is the cabinet for the egg then?

it's just an awesome setup. perfect layout and execution. along with all other aspects of the building.

jim

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
ok i'm stealing ideas. lol cause ur layout of the pool house kitchen is spot on. how deep deep are ur cabinets for the grill? they aren't regular 24" deep cause of the lid for the grill are they?

also how far away is ur egg from the grill and what size egg do you have? how wide is the cabinet for the egg then?

it's just an awesome setup. perfect layout and execution. along with all other aspects of the building.

jim

egg is 4-5 inches away from the Grill. Rear counter depth is 30 inches. We have a Large sized egg.

The island counter depth is 36 inches.

Did I answer your questions?

egg is 4-5 inches away from the Grill. Rear counter depth is 30 inches. We have a Large sized egg.

The island counter depth is 36 inches.

Did I answer your questions?

cool! totally. i have mine drawn out at 29 deep so i was right in the ball park. 4-5 inches only is nice. so i know i'm safe there also.

i got to start thinking ventilation now. i would love to copy that copper hood but all i think about was how much it was to do all my copper flashing on my house and can't even imagine going there with time and labor for a custom hood! would love to though. what brand blower did you use? is it just vented up through the roof?

really awesome job again! just awesome!

cool! totally. i have mine drawn out at 29 deep so i was right in the ball park. 4-5 inches only is nice. so i know i'm safe there also.

i got to start thinking ventilation now. i would love to copy that copper hood but all i think about was how much it was to do all my copper flashing on my house and can't even imagine going there with time and labor for a custom hood! would love to though. what brand blower did you use? is it just vented up through the roof?

really awesome job again! just awesome!

I can get you the brand of the blower. Don't recall exactly. There are two 36" exhaust fans and they vent out of the back of the cabana. When they are running on high you could build a fire and not have and smoke. They are amazing. They are commercial blowers. You could probably do less if you wanted.

The hood is 2x4 and then covered with plywood and then skinned in copper. The hood is @12 ft wide so it's probably more than you need. I think our all in cost was @7k. The cost to do solid copper was 35k. Couldn't justify that and you can't really tell unless you look hard that it isn't.

I can get you the brand of the blower. Don't recall exactly. There are two 36" exhaust fans and they vent out of the back of the cabana. When they are running on high you could build a fire and not have and smoke. They are amazing. They are commercial blowers. You could probably do less if you wanted.

The hood is 2x4 and then covered with plywood and then skinned in copper. The hood is @12 ft wide so it's probably more than you need. I think our all in cost was @7k. The cost to do solid copper was 35k. Couldn't justify that and you can't really tell unless you look hard that it isn't.

2 blowers. Ok that makes it much easier to build out. I'll have to get with the guy who did my copper for my house. He does commercial vents for restaurants. He should have some ideas. He doesn't just do copper.

Thanks for for the info that gets me going.

I remember when when I got my copper estimate for my flashing and valleys. and it wasn't for my whole roof just various valleys and flashing that might be problem areas. I still have other sections to still do to finish off the whole house but they r just to make everything match at this point but I have avoided it for years.

copper is beautiful though. Ur hood looks awesome.

Thanks. My lovely bride picked out the counter tops. No a coincidence that they were the single largest expense of the kitchen. They are really great because they have a leathered surface and change color in different lights.

Also worth nothing that i think I've only cooked inside 2 times since the kitchen was finished. We really live out there.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.