June contest! Submit photos for the visual encyclopedia!

SM100_1271.jpg

natural chemistry cover cleaner
SM100_1272.jpg

Yellow Out Plus (new chemical from united chemical)
SM100_1273.jpg

Stain ID kit
SM100_1274.jpg

Sea Klear phosphate remover
SM100_1275.jpg

Sea Klear Clarifier
SM100_1276.jpg

United Chemicals Salt Treat
SM100_1277.jpg

Vinyl Treat
SM100_1278.jpg

Regal Algaecide 60
SM100_1280.jpg

No Mor Problems
SM100_1281.jpg

Algaecide 30
SM100_1282.jpg

A-B Underwater pool putty
SM100_1283.jpg

Anderson's Flexible Sealer
SM100_1284.jpg

PhosFloc
SM100_1285.jpg

Spa Clear
SM100_1286.jpg

Wipe Out scum line cleaner
SM100_1287.jpg

GLB X-Change
SM100_1288.jpg

Pool Foam Glue
SM100_1289.jpg

Spa Defoamer
SM100_1290.jpg

baquashock
SM100_1291.jpg

SeaBoard Back-to-Chlor
SM100_1292.jpg

Above ground liner material, still on the roll (used for patching)
SM100_1293.jpg

Rubber Plugs!
SM100_1294.jpg

6 way test strip
SM100_1295.jpg

phosphate test kit (don't store in hot areas)
SM100_1296.jpg

PHOSfree 3L
SM100_1297.jpg

Filter Cleaner
SM100_1298.jpg

Clarifier
SM100_1299.jpg

Motor
SM100_1300.jpg

Above Ground Gizzmo
SM100_1301.jpg

Gizzmo
SM100_1302.jpg

cl200 chlorinator
SM100_1303.jpg

Regal Copper Algaecide
SM100_1304.jpg

Electronic Leak Detector 2100
SM100_1305.jpg

Leak Wizard sonic leak detector
SM100_1306.jpg

Pool Tite PVC glue (blue)
SM100_1307.jpg

Burner Tray
SM100_1308.jpg

Heater Exchanger
SM100_1309.jpg

Thermometer
SM100_1310.jpg

Filter Element
SM100_1311.jpg

color q
SM100_1312.jpg

color q
SM100_1313.jpg

Mystic White pool filter sand

Thank you doughboy for three pictures accepted, and PVille for one picture accepted! Your pictures have been added to the encyclopedia.

I invite everyone to explore the visual encyclopedia as it grows. Comments and suggestions are welcome.

Some items we still need pictures of include: Hayward/Goldline automation system, safety net, IntelliChlor, ColorQ, water bag (with water in it), scupper, etc. These are just suggestions. Pictures of these items are not guaranteed to be included, and pictures of items not listed here are still welcome.

Less than two days remain in the contest! Remember that three of the four prizes go to people selected at random from those who had even one photo accepted. So everyone still has a chance to win! Plus, helping to build the visual encyclopedia is a wonderful way to support the TFP community!

---

WATERWORT - 17
meatloaf - 16
DaveNJ - 15
Casey - 13
98xc600 - 9
launboy - 8
joenj - 8
lovingHDTV - 6
Woodberg - 6
stephanie4136 - 5
h2ctpdjl - 4
doughboy - 3
dlduvall - 3
crabboy - 3
mickey4paws - 3
silcozot - 3
AnnaK - 3
BobF - 2
Sallie - 2
TOMNGIAMOM - 2
PVille - 1
Simtechray - 1
jotrud - 1
Chasville - 1
Gooserider - 1
kenmar - 1
matt4x4 - 1

X-PertPool, the rules state that
All photos submitted must be taken by you, of equipment that you own.
Your pictures look like they are items take from a store or repair shop inventory, not items that you personally own. The one picture of your that I really wanted to use, the ColorQ, partly because it looks like that is your personal unit and partly because I have been looking for a picture of a ColorQ, is too small. There isn't enough resolution for it to be included.

Now for my collection...
[attachment=2:wwi5vfs8]citronella-candles.JPG[/attachment:wwi5vfs8] Got to have something to TRY and keep the mosquito's down... (Not that it actually works... :x )

[attachment=1:wwi5vfs8]cl-floater-thermo-holder.JPG[/attachment:wwi5vfs8] Since I don't need the floater to hold those pucks and tabs any longer, it now works as a thermometer holder...

[attachment=0:wwi5vfs8]clorine-carboy-round.JPG[/attachment:wwi5vfs8] Five Gallon Chlorine container - 12%

Attachments

• citronella-candles.JPG
    citronella-candles.JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 281
  • cl-floater-thermo-holder.JPG
    cl-floater-thermo-holder.JPG
    54.7 KB · Views: 281
  • clorine-carboy-round.JPG
    clorine-carboy-round.JPG
    72.1 KB · Views: 281
[attachment=2:2kr1jhei]equip-hut-closed.JPG[/attachment:2kr1jhei] - My pool equipment shed - home designed and built, the equipment used to live under the porch where it was a real PITA to work on, after moving it onto the deck, it needed weather protection.

[attachment=1:2kr1jhei]equip-hut-top-open.JPG[/attachment:2kr1jhei] Most of the time I just need to open the top to check the filter pressure or work the over-ride switches for the filter and booster pumps. (the main timers are in the basement)

[attachment=0:2kr1jhei]equip-hut-all-open.JPG[/attachment:2kr1jhei] If I need to service stuff more though, the front removes and the side swings back to give easy access to everything.

Attachments

• equip-hut-closed.JPG
    equip-hut-closed.JPG
    73.7 KB · Views: 282
  • equip-hut-top-open.JPG
    equip-hut-top-open.JPG
    43.8 KB · Views: 279
  • equip-hut-all-open.JPG
    equip-hut-all-open.JPG
    53.6 KB · Views: 278

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
[attachment=2:pbbwie8s]equip-hut-pin-detail.JPG[/attachment:pbbwie8s] I have two pins like this that hold everything together - the grey circles are eybolts 1/2 in each peice, alternating, and the pin bottoms in a hole drilled in the sole plate - easy and effective to hold things together, and be easy to take apart.

[attachment=1:pbbwie8s]diving-board.JPG[/attachment:pbbwie8s] Our diving board

[attachment=0:pbbwie8s]CYA.JPG[/attachment:pbbwie8s] Stabilizer - aka Cyanuric Acid or CYA - one of the few things you need from the pool store (in small amounts)

Attachments

• equip-hut-pin-detail.JPG
    equip-hut-pin-detail.JPG
    30.3 KB · Views: 279
  • diving-board.JPG
    diving-board.JPG
    36.4 KB · Views: 279
  • CYA.JPG
    CYA.JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 280
[attachment=2:1k60ewh9]eyeball-together.JPG[/attachment:1k60ewh9] A pool "eyeball" return fitting - this one pushes into 1.5" I.D. pvc pipe, a standard size for IG pools

[attachment=1:1k60ewh9]eyeball-apart.JPG[/attachment:1k60ewh9] This is what it looks like when you take it apart

[attachment=0:1k60ewh9]ho-made-chemistry-measures.JPG[/attachment:1k60ewh9] Low budget measuring cups for liquid chlorine and other pool chemicals :whoot: - one way to recycle a few of those empty bleach bottles...

Attachments

• eyeball-together.JPG
    eyeball-together.JPG
    28.5 KB · Views: 279
  • eyeball-apart.JPG
    eyeball-apart.JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 277
  • ho-made-chemistry-measures.JPG
    ho-made-chemistry-measures.JPG
    48.5 KB · Views: 276
[attachment=2:1wuxaoo7]intermatic-timer-ext.JPG[/attachment:1wuxaoo7] The outside of my Intermatic pool equipment timers - these are indoor units, mounted next to the breaker box in the basement.

[attachment=1:1wuxaoo7]intermatic-timer-int.JPG[/attachment:1wuxaoo7] The innards of the timers - note that I have wired them such that the booster pump is powered through both the main and booster timers, so that the booster pump will ONLY get power if the main pump does.

[attachment=0:1wuxaoo7]leaf-n-frog-net.JPG[/attachment:1wuxaoo7] Leaf skimmer net, also works well on frogs and other wildlife in the pool.

Attachments

• intermatic-timer-ext.JPG
    intermatic-timer-ext.JPG
    45.3 KB · Views: 276
  • intermatic-timer-int.JPG
    intermatic-timer-int.JPG
    70.4 KB · Views: 277
  • leaf-n-frog-net.JPG
    leaf-n-frog-net.JPG
    67.9 KB · Views: 276
[attachment=2:7669qhwj]muriatic-acid.JPG[/attachment:7669qhwj] Muriatic Acid - MA, this variety found at the local True Value hardware store

[attachment=1:7669qhwj]pipe-antifreeze.JPG[/attachment:7669qhwj] Pipe antifreeze - only used when closing pool. Good for main drains and other plumbing that is difficult to blow out completely. I like to add a little to all the plumbing after blowing it out just so that any remaining water will remain liquid

[attachment=0:7669qhwj]polaris-adapter.JPG[/attachment:7669qhwj] This is an adapter sold by Polaris to fit connect their fitting to a 1.5" PVC pipe - I found that it did not work for this, as it would blow out after a day or two. However it can be useful for temporarily attaching low restriction items to returns in place of eyeball fittings.

Attachments

• muriatic-acid.JPG
    muriatic-acid.JPG
    42.9 KB · Views: 273
  • pipe-antifreeze.JPG
    pipe-antifreeze.JPG
    41.4 KB · Views: 273
  • polaris-adapter.JPG
    polaris-adapter.JPG
    22.3 KB · Views: 273
[attachment=2:2nyug1cg]pool-dumbell.JPG[/attachment:2nyug1cg] "Pool Dumbell" - marketed as a 'learn to swim' aid, also makes a nice minimal seat for floating around in the deep end w/o needing to tread water.

[attachment=0:2nyug1cg]safety-cover-in-use.jpg[/attachment:2nyug1cg] The best picture I could find of our safety cover in use... :lol:

[attachment=1:2nyug1cg]safety-cover-bagged.JPG[/attachment:2nyug1cg] This is what a safety cover looks like in it's storage bag...

Attachments

• pool-dumbell.JPG
    pool-dumbell.JPG
    21.9 KB · Views: 269
  • safety-cover-bagged.JPG
    safety-cover-bagged.JPG
    81.3 KB · Views: 269
  • safety-cover-in-use.jpg
    safety-cover-in-use.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 269
Finally, a few of the things you DON'T need any more, once you've gotten into the BBB way of doing things :goodjob:

[attachment=1:3jj28b3k]stuff-you-DONT-NEED.JPG[/attachment:3jj28b3k] Polyquat algeecide, Copper based algeecide, Regular algeecide and "Clarifier"

[attachment=0:3jj28b3k]stuff-you-DONT-NEED-2.JPG[/attachment:3jj28b3k] Metal Sequestrant, Closing stuff plus phosphate remover, phosphate remover

Gooserider

Attachments

• stuff-you-DONT-NEED.JPG
    stuff-you-DONT-NEED.JPG
    81.9 KB · Views: 268
  • stuff-you-DONT-NEED.JPG
    stuff-you-DONT-NEED.JPG
    81.9 KB · Views: 268
  • stuff-you-DONT-NEED-2.JPG
    stuff-you-DONT-NEED-2.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 266
JasonLion said:
X-PertPool, the rules state that
All photos submitted must be taken by you, of equipment that you own.
Your pictures look like they are items take from a store or repair shop inventory, not items that you personally own. The one picture of your that I really wanted to use, the ColorQ, partly because it looks like that is your personal unit and partly because I have been looking for a picture of a ColorQ, is too small. There isn't enough resolution for it to be included.
Well the items in the photos are my inventory, it's not like I went to leslies and started taking photos. The items are my property, but yes I do pool repairs. Just trying to help out :) here is a larger version of the color q.

Kevin,

Attachments

• resized_100_1311.jpg
    resized_100_1311.jpg
    189.3 KB · Views: 250
  • resized_100_1312.jpg
    resized_100_1312.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 252
Thank you X-PertPool for two pictures accepted, and christine19720 for one picture accepted! Your pictures have been added to the encyclopedia.

I invite everyone to explore the visual encyclopedia as it grows. Comments and suggestions are welcome.

Only a few hours remain in the contest! Remember that three of the four prizes go to people selected at random from those who had even one photo accepted. So everyone still has a chance to win! Plus, helping to build the visual encyclopedia is a wonderful way to support the TFP community!

---

WATERWORT - 17
meatloaf - 16
DaveNJ - 15
Casey - 13
98xc600 - 9
launboy - 8
joenj - 8
lovingHDTV - 6
Woodberg - 6
stephanie4136 - 5
h2ctpdjl - 4
doughboy - 3
dlduvall - 3
crabboy - 3
mickey4paws - 3
silcozot - 3
AnnaK - 3
X-PertPool - 2
BobF - 2
Sallie - 2
TOMNGIAMOM - 2
christine19720 - 1
PVille - 1
Simtechray - 1
jotrud - 1
Chasville - 1
Gooserider - 1
kenmar - 1
matt4x4 - 1

The contest winners are: :cheers: :party: :cheers:
  1. WATERWORT[/*:m:tehhdcxl]
  2. Casey[/*:m:tehhdcxl]
  3. doughboy[/*:m:tehhdcxl]
  4. kenmar[/*:m:tehhdcxl]

I want to thank everyone who participated! :goodjob: The visual encyclopedia looks wonderful. A project like this one would be impractical without lots of help from the TFP community. :cheers:

---

Even though the contest is over, if anyone still feels inspired to contribute, I will look at all submissions for possible inclusion. There are still at least a couple of items missing that I would love to include (like scuppers).

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.