Julie's Pool

As suggested hold onto that last payment until it's the way you want it. It's going to be tough to take time out to drain and refill the pool so that work can be done. I've noticed the aggregate in our pebble job is exposed a bit less in some spots of our pool. I'm guessing it's a bit tricker to get the exposure uniform with the smaller pebble. But for the most part, unless you have goggles on and looking closely under water you can't really tell. I've noticed quite a few imperfections in the pebble job, but it's all under water and as long as it's doing its job, I'm ok with it.

I did take a close look at our pool after reading your post earlier and in no way did the guys cover any part of the tiles with the pebble.

duraleigh said:
F_AZ,

I seldom comment on pool builds because I am not in the business and am reluctant to second-guess the work of someone who is.

That said, I have some knowledge of masonry and that tile and finish work on the stool is absolutely marginal, at best. They need some type of finished edge (I assume that's where the beadcrete was supposed to go) where the vertical surface meets the horizontal and it appears they have made no allowance for that.

Additionally, I'm not crazy about the technique they used of putting the cut tiles on the outside. While I have not installed irregular rounds like that, it would seem fairly simple to me to place complete tiles around the perimeter and then fill towards the middle. With some care and thought about placement, I think that work could've been done with no cut tiles. However, I've not done it before so there may be issues I'm not aware of.

If it were my pool, I think I would document my dissatisfaction at least with that feature.

Dave - thank you for commenting, I do appreciate it. I have not see pool stools finished close up to know what I should expect. What type of finished edge have you seen used? I am quite curious since it doesn ot look clean at this time.

Buggs - vacation was nice, but paying for it with all my backed-up work now :)

Carbboy - yes, holding onto payment until we can resolve. I just want it done correctly, we will see if I can push them to do this.

I will try to post more pics later...I am heading to the pool now to try and get refreshed from the 114 degree day :)
Couple of shots of the uneven edge at the baja step after acid wash - you can also see lots of unexposed agregate
<a>
Aug29002.jpg
</a>
<a>
Aug29003.jpg
</a>
One of the pool as it was filling and part of the new curbing installed:
<a>
Aug29007.jpg
</a>

From_AZ ,

Really sorry to hear and see your situation. Makes the few problems we have encountered along the way seem so petty. Hopefully you can get this resolved to your satisfaction. Your pool is really looking fantastic and for this last major step in the process to be so bad, well, that just sucks. You seem to be keeping a great attitude about everything and is pretty tough to do. Godd luck and let us all know how it pans out.

Here are new pics. After talking with an attorney, they advised to hold payment until resolved to exert most pressure. I am also sending certified letter, email with pictures and fax to the company advising of issues that need to be corrected. If they do not respond positively, I will next go to the AZ Contractors Board. Bad part is that we are exposed to a lein since we will not pay until resolved. Trying to remain positive - getting to swim in the pool is awesome.

Looking west across yard - I am sooo happy with the grass install by SouthWest Greens - the look and feel is fabulous! You can see the starting framework of the 12' x 17' palapa that is being installed.
<a>
Aug30pool005.jpg
</a>
More west view
<a>
Aug30pool006.jpg
</a>
Looking east from firepit
<a>
Aug30pool008.jpg
</a>

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
There is hope :-D :shock: ahppy and shocked at the same time. I just had a visit from the interior company, they are working on the issues. They wet patched the areas that had holes, the guy said he found one additonal....I think that was more for show :roll:

He said he did not have the authority to make the decision on the edge of the baja step or the acid wash needed so he is sending the superintendant out to look at it and provdie suggestions. He originally said that the edge was acceptable for Beadcrete install, I insisted it was not up to par and that we do not accept it. He backed down a bit and we will see what the super says when they come out next week. I refse to be pressured this time around for the interior and happy that we hold the payment card in our hand to leverage.

I can't wait for the palapa to be finished too, we held off on a Labor Day party since it could not be completed. Advised D-Dya for completion is Sept 4 (tues) and teh fog company comes in on Wed to fog the palapa area. Solar guys finished up and as they showed us how it was to be used, we may add a third pump that can go on and off as the solar is needed - we will compare cost of running filter pupp as is from 10-4pm daily to get solar benefits vs. separate pump. More on that next week hopefully. DH is really excited to try to cool pool overnight using the solar system :lol:

I am heading out the door to take a dip - have an awesome weekend all - I will try to check in when I step out of the pool!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.