Jet pressure issues

Jul 28, 2010
Montreal, Canada
Hi all

So I've been experimenting with my new hot tub, my model has 2 6hp pumps, I noticed that the the 2 seats and lounge which are linked to pump 1 have about half the pressure of the seats linked to pump 2!

Have any of you experienced this, could it be designed this way or should I have the same pressure all around.

I've requested a service call..

Thanks for you help

Does each pump have an equal amount of jets that are the same? The pump that has more jets will be weaker unless it is compensated for in the design.

The stronger pump has about 25 jets, the weaker also has 25 + a central foot jet which looks like an oversized jet with 10 holes.

note that on the first pump, I've tried to close all the jets execpt on one chair, and it did not make a difference in the pressure!

Is this a new spa or one that has just started having issues? If the former, I would say it is probably a bad design. If the latter, there could be an obstruction in one of the lines.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.