Jandy Variable speed turns on randomly at full speed

Dixit

Jul 16, 2012
Duluth, GA (ATL)
Anyone every seen this? I have an iAqualink and have a Jandy ePump (VSSHP270). My iAqualink is hardwired (not using the Wifi antenna). Lately last few days to a week now Ive noticed my ePump is running ful, tilt. But here is the MAIN issue. The RS8 keypad shows nothing is on, the iAqualink app shows nothing as well, but clearly pump is on and running full tilt as I can tell (I have an energy monitoring system).

So I took a few screenshots, shows the app shows nothing, then went to web version, initial shows nothing, but STATUS clearly shows the Variable Pump running but below it says no devices are currently ON, hahha. If I simply turn on the pump and turn it off its turns it self off. But randomly between 12-24hrs, it is back again at full tilt. Any idea what could be causing this? Nothing has changed as its basically winter here in ATL and system is just in winter mode (runs for a few hours only on the weekend).

IMG_5916.jpgIMG_5917.jpgIMG_5918.jpg

Dixit

Yea I do. I have a four button controller on there. I haven’t disconnected that yet to rule that out. I did see some posts about people saying that goes bad and causes it to go in. But here’s why I initially ruled it out, mainly because the main panel even RS8 keypad doesn’t show anything is on. That’s why it seems super odd that the entire panel thinks nothing is on but the rs485 side sees its on. That’s what is throwing me for a loop is how it thinks nothing is on but something is on.

I suspect this is programming. What is your "filter pump" set for? Mine did a similar thing but I called Jandy tech support and he showed me a few things. It was programming with mine. Try Jandy Tech support.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.