Jandy valve need complete replacing?

Jun 30, 2011
Fullerton, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I'm looking for a second opinion. Our pool remodeller came to move pool pipes due to a house extension. At the time I asked him what can be done as the spa drains water overnight, usually about half or less.
He mentioned that the whole Jandy check and direction valves and plumbing needs to be replaced. My view is that what wears out is the flap, but not the housing itself. Thus the replumbing is not needed as long as the flap can be replaced. I realize in order to get a new flap, a complete Jandy valve needs to be bought. The current check and direction valves are 7-8 years old.
Any feedback what wears in the Jandy valves?

Yup, no reason to replace the valve housing unless it is cracked and leaks.

You unscrew the top and replace all the guts of the check valve.

Show us pics of what the pool remodeler looked at.

Reactions: generessler
When you get around to replacing the guts... I've not had good luck with off-name check valve parts from Amazon. For me they leak down. Both of them in the set of two. Not terrible but bothersome. Next time around I'll pay 2-3 times as much for the OEM and see how that goes.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.