Jandy TruClear SWG

Sep 10, 2012
Tampa, Fl.
Recently converted to a SWG pool. Had a Jandy TruClear salt cell installed so that it could communicate with my Jandy automation.
No problem until I turned on the Spa and it began leaking around the lid. Removed lid, took off the O-ring, inspected and re-lubed. Put it back together and no leaking. No theory on why it leaked, but the removing-lubing of O-ring was an easy fix.
Anyone else experience this situation? Is the Jandy Truclear salt cell an okay system, or did I error because of my Jandy automation?
Also, can I continue to use the granular shock I have been using prior to conversion, or is there a recommended granular shock to use?
Have been off the site for awhile, but with the new SWG system, I knew this was the place to go to get re-educated. Much appreciated.

The TruClear has known issue not the least of which is chronic leaking. We would have suggested getting the AquaPure or Nature2 FusionSoft instead.

I suggest you read pool school. "Shocking" a pool is not part of the TFP method.

Pool Care Basics
FC/CYA Levels

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.