Jandy TruClear "No Flow" One Year Old Cell

dchap

Jul 28, 2023
Cincinnati, OH
First time post, been reading ever since we moved to our home with a TruClear by Jandy. I replaced the cell last year when it seemed like the problem was the cell (was about 4 years old). $400 later, I am faced with a constant "No Flow" indication anytime I am running. Flow is normal, I have a single-speed pump from Century, no leaks, cell is clean as a whistle (I cleaned it once more last night just for good measure). I've done a little homework and it seems that others have had issues with this "no flow" always on. I backflushed today with no change.

Our levels have been really wacky since the cell stopped producing chlorine, so I'm seeing some replying to other posts and stating that 'no flow' could be because of the makeup of the water.

I'm not happy with this cell, the cost is so high that I'm thinking of just getting another system entirely, but is there something I'm missing about this unit that makes it "no flow" all the time? It does not have a separate flow sensor, it's inside the unit...as to where it is, I'm not sure. Thanks for any help.

It uses a "Gas-Trap" design, which means that it is probably getting excess air or gas trapped in the cell.

Does the cell fill with water or it there always a big bubble of gas in the cell?

Can you show the system?

Last edited:
Well, well, well. If it isn't working this morning. That's the power of TFP I guess?

So it's helpful for others having this problem with a newer cell (again, mine is 1 year old). I believe that dropping the chlorination down to the lowest setting (10%) probably was the last piece of the puzzle. I had turned it up to 100% at one point and that may have been the issue with the "no flow" reading.

1. I cleaned the cell (I did the diluted acid wash)
2. I backflushed my filter. Like, seriously backflushed it.
3. I turned the chlorination down to 10%

So, that was last night, and at 0830 hrs this morning I see that beautiful "Chlorinating" signal.

Thanks for all you volunteers do here at TFP. Helpful to know I'm not trying this pool management alone.

Stay tuned to my post about my cover not working...coming soon.

DC

Pic 1: Overall system setup (no, heater is busted, not working)
Pic 2: Cell, filled with water, no air
Pic 3: "Magic" that happened when I turned it down to 10%

Attachments

• IMG_7305.jpeg
    IMG_7305.jpeg
    885.1 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_7304.jpeg
    IMG_7304.jpeg
    614.1 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_7303.jpeg
    IMG_7303.jpeg
    366 KB · Views: 11
I can't see the cell in your plumbing.

Are you sure that the flow is actually good?

The valves look like the handles are missing; are you sure that the valves are all set correctly?

Is the cell flow direction correct?

Check the cell for trapped gas if you see a "No-Flow" error again.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.