Jandy Tri-Sensor 172 and 186 errors - Does IQ900-RS board replace front board?

That is the daughter board that they came out with a while ago that never solved their flow issues. You need the sensor that has the interface module like the one in the link I posted earlier. With that interface module you will need to select to run the sensor on program A or B depending on your firmware revision.

When did that come out?

My sensor is one year old, and it is spotless so I don't think it is the sensor, I am thinking salt cell.
Also when I put the old sensor in, which never gave an error, the salt ppm was just way off, I get the same 172 error.

We will see though. I would rather replace some other parts first that need it.

Thanks for your input.

I received Zodiac Jandy Adapter Tri Sensor R0537600 for Aquapure and installed it, when I hold the calibration button, the flow light never lights up. I have plenty of flow. Maybe it is too bright for me to see it, but I don't think this will fix the issue.

Now gives 172, 183 and 184 (No 186) errors.

I am going to remove it, I get the IQ20-RS delivered as well today, so will install that solo and see what errors I get.

I have installed the new IQ20-RS board and have it working on WIFI, very nice. I would recommend it. I actually found it cheaper at poolsupplyworld.com $499. I paid $519 at Sunplay. The poolsupplyworld price will not come up until you add it to the shopping cart, if anyone else is looking to upgrade.

Still getting the same 172 and 186 errors.

Not much left to replace, I am thinking of getting a new Salt Cell and new DC Cord. That would match up with errors I got before the 172 186 came up.

If that fails I will join the sensor a year club and buy another one.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I'm not sure why that is the case, I only know that sensor seems to have solved their issues with the sensor. The sensor has been Jandy's main issue and I haven't heard of one failing yet. When you buy a new cell kit make sure it includes that new sensor.

That is what I was looking at, from the pics, looks like the kits are coming with the either the cell I have, or the cell I have plus the exact same little board I just got.

I will order cell and dc cord, then sensor separately to make sure I get the right one.

Well it is not the cell, and not the DC cord. I just replaced both, one at a time.

Sensor comes tomorrow (new one with interface in the middle of the wire run) that should fix it I would think! Still can't believe the one I had died it is spotless. Like the salt cell I had.

Hopefully the sensor will fix this issue.

I had three spotless sensors fail on me in 4 years of use. Fortunately for me I had a three year warranty and Jandy covered everything. When the second cell died after two years of use and was out of warranty, I made the switch to Hayward.

Sensor fixed it. Not one error since.
Thanks everyone for the help I would not have known to get that specific sensor.

I was thinking of ditching Jandy too, had already got a VS FLO-PRO though, and I just redid the Jandy water colors lights which was not cheap.

Only thing I have not replaced now (I did get a hayward heater about 8 months ago works great) is the one pump that runs the water falls.

Thanks again!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.