Jandy system shuts down pumps unexpectedly

peterfitton

Silver Supporter
May 4, 2020
Connecticut
Hi folks,
I’ve got a Jandy controlled pool with a Jandy spa jet pump and a pentair vsf filter pump. I run the filter pump on a 7am to 7pm schedule. For the past few months I often find the filter pump is off even though it should be running. The Jandy system correctly reports the filter pump status as off. On one occasion inhad the spa jet pump running and that also shut off unexpectedly in a similar fashion. I only have one program running on my schedule; I’ve confirmed that the “maintain pool temp” feature is not enabled, my anll off time is 11pm and I’ve confined that the Jandy clock is correct.

As a test I’ve disconnected my spa side controller which has no affect on the issue.

Any hints or suggestions of what else to look for would be appreciated. I’m confounded by this symptom.

Thanks in advance.

Peter

Welcome to the ghost in the machine. I also experience this but it's worse for me. My heater also turns itself on. Even changes temp. Waterfalls too.

Welcome to the ghost in the machine. I also experience this but it's worse for me. My heater also turns itself on. Even changes temp. Waterfalls too.
Pool gate, do you have a spa-side controller in your system? Your symptoms point to a failing spa-side unit. They are known to get flaky after a few years. As a test you can disconnect it and see if the ghost behavior persists…

Pool gate, do you have a spa-side controller in your system? Your symptoms point to a failing spa-side unit. They are known to get flaky after a few years. As a test you can disconnect it and see if the ghost behavior persists…

Nope. I have several posts on my issue. Last advice I got was to replace the main board. Which I may do next season. I'll look for one in the off season. It is really annoying. Worst thing is the heater being turned on since my heater costs $5/hour to run. I even set my temps to like 75 so even it is was turned on it would not run and to my BIG surprise, it turned on an bumped the temp to 94 so that it runs. After that I manually turn the gas valve off.

Honestly, being in IT, and knowing that Jandy has FULL CONTROL over your system, this almost looks to me like someone at Jandy is doing this maliciously. I was going to turn off my WiFi for a week and see if it still had issues but haven't yet.

my jandy system occasionally and randomly goes "offline". No rhyme or reason to it. It happened today, and is currently reporting "Jandy Epump offline". I've flipped off and on all the breakers, but still the same thing. Most likely tomorrow it will all be back up and running. I have no idea why, nor how to stop it from happening again, or how to fix it.

Peter, when I had this problem before, a pool guy said the same thing about the spas side controller. He disconnected it, but I still see power there (light on). Could that still be giving me trouble, and if so, how do I disconnect it?

Oceansol your spa side can be disconnected by unplugging the red connector that feeds it. This is found inside the Jandy panel.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.