N. TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
I replaced my Salt Cell - then received Code 124. Followed troubleshooting guidelines which led me to replace the back board in the AP RS controller box.

I bought the used 2022 board off eBay and when I installed it tonight - I no longer get any power to the SaltCell, nothing on the screen and buttons don't respond. When I used the AquaLink app, it says there is no AquaPure SC found.

I took pictures of the old board and all connections, and was an easy 4-5 wire disconnect, swap boards and re-connect - but the salt cell is not receiving any power. Everything else seems to be working.

Any ideas or things to try? Plan for tomorrow is to go back thru all the troubleshooting steps and see if I can figure out why there is no power

There is a jumper on the board that needs to be set for the AP700 or the AP1400. If the jumper is cut then it is for an AP700
This would generate the error code 124

IMG_0504.png

I hope @HermanTX 's fix works. If not, suspect a bad part. It's very common for random clone boards purchased to be reported here as various kinds of bad. OEM parts are pricey, but I keep finding them worthwhile in the long run.

I hopefully resolved the issue - and partly my fault and partly due to @HermanTX suggestion above.

Before fitting the old board back in - I fixed the 700 vs 1400 , the link had been cut although the previous owner had used PLC1400 for the last two SC replacements (I found the old one in the garage attic)? Additionally, not sure if the "my fault" was caused putting the new board in yesterday, or done in the process of fitting the old board back in - but the SC relay wiring broke right at the connector to the main board (only saw the break when I was pulling on the wires with pliers to check they were solid). This was causing the old board, to show power (which I couldn't even get that with the new board installed) but still not turning on SC or producing any chlorine.

Started poking and probing around and found the yellow wire broke (3 wires junction into a single connector that plugs into top left-center of main board). Cut all the wires back, striped and affixed to the connector and then to the main board. Now the new SC, with the old board sprang to life.

Testing: Increased salt production to 100% ( 1st step in troubleshooting guide) and then waited the prescribed 3-mins to see if I get an error code.... finally, no code. So after 10 mins, I lowered production down to 20% and has been running for close to an hour with no error.

So not 100% sure if the wiring was causing the issue with the new board, but I will see if I can return it, but if not I will keep as a spare since this one is from 2015, New/used one is from 2022.

Another lesson learned with the pool - never trust anyone's previous electrical work and check the easy, right in your face things first.

Thanks for the responses guys - much appreciated.

Reactions: HermanTX