Jandy RS repair/upgrade

rSchwarzenegger

Jul 15, 2022
PA
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I'm trying to help out my mother with her pool. She has a Jandy RS system that must be from the late 90's or early 2000's. The last couple of years the system has been a flakey and needed to be reset often. The pool company wants $2222 to install JANDY RS 8 P & S CONTROL BOARD (R0468501) to fix the problem. First this price seems excessive, second couldn't I do this myself and third if I'm going to bother to spend that much shouldn't I go with the better version that can give me WIFI and app control?

What I was thinking of doing is getting the iQ30-RS instead which I think has the same parts as R0468501 plus the Wifi antenna and replacing it myself.

From everything I've read this shouldn't be too complicated but I' wanted to do a sanity check to make sure I've thought of everything.

Make sure your system is upgradeable to the IQ30-RS. Also Jandy supposedly doesn't honor warranty for self-installs. I would think if your builder is putting in that system that he is including the WiFi antenna. Can you post pics of what you have?

From what I read my system should be upgradable, It seems like any of the old RS systems should be it's just a question if you need the board and antenna or just the antenna. I'm aware of the warranty issue but the potential savings is so great it's worth the risk. No they wanted a lot more to "upgrade" me to that option. Based on what I know now it seems like they are not really pricing things fairly. I'll get some photos.

From what I read my system should be upgradable, It seems like any of the old RS systems should be it's just a question if you need the board and antenna or just the antenna. I'm aware of the warranty issue but the potential savings is so great it's worth the risk. No they wanted a lot more to "upgrade" me to that option. Based on what I know now it seems like they are not really pricing things fairly. I'll get some photos.

Look through the threads someone recently did the same thing. I think they had no issues.

Yep - Here is the thread.....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.