Jandy RS !Q2.0 Freeze Protect Questions

GHess

Aug 26, 2018
Marvin / NC
Question 1 – I have a Jandy RS IQ2.0 system that has Freeze Protect Mode. When configuring Freeze Protect, shouldn’t I include CLEANER mode so the return to the pressurized cleaner port in the pool gets water moving through it?

The problem is that when I include CLEANER in the configuration, the system runs the Jandy variable speed pump at the configured CLEANER mode speed of 3250 RPMs rather than the FREEZE PROTECT speed of 2500 RPM.

Question 2 – When Jandy is in FREEZE PROTECT, does it ignore other scheduled configurations?

Good related thread I found:
https://www.troublefreepool.com/thr...ction-speeds-ignored?highlight=freeze+protect

When 2 programs are running, the higher speed always wins. For winter I suggest you just reduce your cleaner speed to the freeze protect speed. Not sure about your other question but should be easy to check.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.