Jandy PS6 PDA and variable speed pump in Cleaner mode

GHess

Aug 26, 2018
Marvin / NC
New pool with a Jandy PS6 PDA and a variable speed pump. On four occasions I have switched to Cleaner mode from Pool mode but the variable speed pump does not ramp up to the higher RPM pre-set in the controller. Generally this works without a problem but oddly I have had issues and found that even if I go back to Pool mode and try to "re-start" Cleaner mode it seems Jandy is not telling the pump to increase RPMs. I even switched the controller to SERVICE mode and back to regular mode trying to reset the controller. The only solution I have found is to go into Equipment setting in the Jandy and adjust the "one-time" variable speed pump setting. From then on it seems to work most of the time.

Anyone have issues with Jandy and variable speed pumps not always going to the RPMs set up in the controller?

Call Jandy tech support. I had a similar issue with my Heater not calling for the correct RPMs and it was due to conflicts and other settings.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.