Kannapolis
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 700
I have read that the cells can last 3-5 years, but mine seems to be spent after 18 months. I only joined this forum this year so I kept it running all winter even at very low temperatures. Could that explain why it needs replacing prematurely?
Thanks

Why do you think that it's bad?

What is the actual salinity as measured by a good test kit such as the K-1766 salt test kit?

Does it need to be cleaned?

Is it under warranty?

Hi James,
I get a lo-salt/lo-temp error and according to the manual it needs cleaning which I tried with a muriatic acid solution, but there was no bubbling of any kind. I'll test the salt level. Thanks

Nick, did you guys get lots of rain when the latest hurricane (Florence?) came ashore? If so, your cell is probably reading correctly.

Regards,
E
Yeah, we got a ton of rain (12-15 inches over 2-3 days), and I had to dump water out a few times. My generator wasn't working for a few days either and my chlorine was down to 1%. I added some chlorine and cleaned the cell and I no longer get the low salt error. I got a salinity dip stick test that says my level is 1260 ppm now. The Jandy manual says it should be around 3000, so I guess I'm going to buy some salt next :)

Thanks everyone

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.