Jandy Pro Series Heater FAULT HIGH LIMIT

They may look clean, but. . . Three-year-old cartridges could be due for a good overnight soaking in a commercial cartridge cleaning solution. NEVER acid wash them unless that is done first, regardless of what you might hear or read.
You can also use a solution of real TSP (Tri-Sodium-Phosphate) or even dishwasher detergent. There are all kinds of recommendations about using them, but the amount needed for cartridges your size while soaking completely covered in a large, clean, plastic trash can, makes commercial products easier to use.
And thank you btw!!

Where do you recommend buying Bio-dex M2000?? $70 per gallon!? A new set of filters are only $150 🤣

I think I'd need 5 qts and that's skimping, X2 sets of filters, I'm in for $160 in cleaning solution!?

And thank you btw!!

Where do you recommend buying Bio-dex M2000?? $70 per gallon!? A new set of filters are only $150 🤣

I think I'd need 5 qts and that's skimping, X2 sets of filters, I'm in for $160 in cleaning solution!?
Pool specialty chemicals are expensive if you look at them by the gallon. Even liquid chlorine cost more that gasoline in California where we have the highest gas prices you can find. But you only need a quart bottle. If you are in Detroit, you could likely find a good product at a pool store. I just mentioned those brands as I have used them, I buy through wholesalers, and they are found in a Google search. HTH makes a good product as does Natural Chemistry (found at Leslie's).

You mix the 1 quart bottle of cleaner in the water, you don't use pure cleaner. You likely could get both sets of cartridges cleaned with just one bottle, then the solution can be disposed of.

The first set would soak overnight, the second for a couple of days.
Or, you can get a spray BioDex product, but it doesn't work as well as a good overnight soaking. And, you definitely want to be upwind of the spray. It would probably take 1 bottle of the spray for each set of cartridges.

Pool specialty chemicals are expensive if you look at them by the gallon. Even liquid chlorine cost more that gasoline in California where we have the highest gas prices you can find. But you only need a quart bottle. If you are in Detroit, you could likely find a good product at a pool store. I just mentioned those brands as I have used them, I buy through wholesalers, and they are found in a Google search. HTH makes a good product as does Natural Chemistry (found at Leslie's).

You mix the 1 quart bottle of cleaner in the water, you don't use pure cleaner. You likely could get both sets of cartridges cleaned with just one bottle, then the solution can be disposed of.

The first set would soak overnight, the second for a couple of days.
Or, you can get a spray BioDex product, but it doesn't work as well as a good overnight soaking. And, you definitely want to be upwind of the spray. It would probably take 1 bottle of the spray for each set of cartridges.
You rock. Thank you so much! Viscount Pools here in metro Detroit is awesome. They carry Natural Chemistry. Is a "natural" product as effective as a "not natural" product? Bio-Dex seems man made and one would assume stronger? Or is it just marketing and are they basically all the same?

You rock. Thank you so much! Viscount Pools here in metro Detroit is awesome. They carry Natural Chemistry. Is a "natural" product as effective as a "not natural" product? Bio-Dex seems man made and one would assume stronger? Or is it just marketing and are they basically all the same?
Have no idea how natural Natural Chemistry's is . Their signature product was a chitosan-based (from sea shells, basically) clarifier, so that was a "natural" product.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.