Jandy PLC1400 Replacement Cost

Effers

Bronze Supporter
Apr 27, 2012
Warrenton, VA
After searching the forums, could not find what I was looking for that was current.

My Jandy SWG got the dreaded 125/194 codes. Performed the acid wash, unit looks clean but sill throws errors. Guess I need to replace it. I looked on Amazon and see a direct replacement for $985. I was wondering if anyone else has had luck finding it at a lower price point.

Appreciate the help from this awesome group.

Everyone complains about the price of SWG cells. They have gone up by a lot.

After searching the forums, could not find what I was looking for that was current.

My Jandy SWG got the dreaded 125/194 codes. Performed the acid wash, unit looks clean but sill throws errors. Guess I need to replace it. I looked on Amazon and see a direct replacement for $985. I was wondering if anyone else has had luck finding it at a lower price point.

Appreciate the help from this awesome group.

How old is the cell? I found you get 3-4 seasons out of them.

I am getting the same error codes on mine. The middle prong on where the cord connects to the cell on mine is corroded at the bottom and is a lot thinner there than the top. There's multiple websites that claim to have these in stock but prices vary and I don't know which ones to trust.

I bought one from the SaltPoolStore that is about half the price of the official Jandy cell. Looking at my emails I bought it in May of 2022 and it is still working. Jandy 3 Port Replacement Cells

I think there is thread on here about these.

edit: Here is the thread on these third party cells: Replacement cell for Jandy Aquapure 1400
Thanks for that. I was looking at those myself. With my Jandy cells only has a couple years I am starting to think it can't hurt to try a third party cell.

You might try this seller. His feedback is really good. $999 shipped.
Which is almost 2.5X of the third party replacement which is $409. I prefer the transparency of the third party cell. Mine has lasted almost four years so even if it dies soon it was a good deal.

Which is almost 2.5X of the third party replacement which is $409. I prefer the transparency of the third party cell. Mine has lasted almost four years so even if it dies soon it was a good deal.

Note it includes a new tri sensor and cable.

With my Jandy cells only has a couple years I am starting to think it can't hurt to try a third party cell.
Sadly Jandy doesn't go above 40k cells, so you need 16 hours of daily runtime to make 3.8 FC for the peak season. That eats the lifespan of the cell faster than any of us would prefer.

It works great, but it depletes quickly on large pools. You'll have the same problem with any 40k cell.

Be aware the generics often have smaller plates, which are rated for less hours. It may still be worth it, or the same in the end replacing the smaller cell more often, but go in with your eyes wide open. (y)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
This is a another site recommended by a member
View attachment 570693
Wow, I saw that one and just knew it was a scam. How can anyone sell a real Zodaic/Jandy salt sell for half of what everyone else does. I guess I have trust issues. This is a lot of money to hand over to a random website and not know who your dealing with or where they are from.

Sadly Jandy doesn't go above 40k cells, so you need 16 hours of daily runtime to make 3.8 FC for the peak season. That eats the lifespan of the cell faster than any of us would prefer.

It works great, but it depletes quickly on large pools. You'll have the same problem with any 40k cell.

Be aware the generics often have smaller plates, which are rated for less hours. It may still be worth it, or the same in the end replacing the smaller cell more often, but go in with your eyes wide open. (y)

I am waiting on a call back from the pool company that warrantied the last unit to see if I am still under warranty with the current one that is failing. I really like the design of the 3rd party replacement. It eliminates my failure point where the Jandy unit fails due to the how the cable plugs into the salt cell and the middle prong corrodes very badly. I don't think its my plates that are depleting.

Thanks for all the responses, I should have probably stared a new thread with my issues.

Reactions: Newdude
So is there any consensus on which is the better 3rd party replacement cell for a Jandy AP1400 SWCG?
From what I gather above - an OEM product is about $1000 -$1200 which includes a new tri-sensor whereas a 3rd party may be $500 without the tri-sensor. Just want to be clear on options so others who read this know where to start.
Thanks.

From my research there is only 1 third party cell that is a drop in replacement. It is made by Compupool and built and drop shipped from Australia. They sketchy part is the US resellers that you purchase it from in the US. There's at least one thread on here where it was purchased on ebay and the user got the run around on warranty and was never called back after it failed. If you follow the theads and complaints, the sellers location was originally in GA and then he popped up in TN with the same or similar business name. There is definitely a risk purchasing it. But I can buy two 3rd party cells for the price of 1 Jandy. And at the rate my Jandy's fail, it may be worth it to me.

My other option is to ditch Jandy altogether and get a Circupool SWG for not much more. I don't need to automation part. 'Im usually changing the output on my phone while standing beside the equipment pad.

Last edited:
Reactions: HermanTX
It is made by Compupool and built and drop shipped from Australia. They sketchy part is the US resellers that you purchase it from in the US. There's at least one thread on here where it was purchased on ebay and the user got the run around on warranty and was never called back after it failed. If you follow the theads and complaints, the sellers location was originally in GA and then he popped up in TN with the same or similar business name. There is definitely a risk purchasing it.
This does sound risky and probably no riskier than the other 3rd party sellers of non-OEM replacement cells. Keep us informed if you go that route.

Reactions: Newdude
Well I ordered the generic cell for $409.99 shipped from saltpoolstore.com there is another thread on here with at least a few users successfully purchased from there. I checked out and paid with paypal which felt safer than giving them my credit card. Paypal sent me confirmation of the transaction...

You authorized a payment of $409.99 USD to Ezy Option Trust ([email protected])

Ezy option trust sure sounds legitimate to me!

I'm going to see what happens. May be a $409.99 mistake but I'll take one for the team and find out. I'll update as I make progress. I am done with Jandy, so my next step is Circupool Rj-60+ if this doesn't work out.

It only has to last a proportionate lifespan. Odds are it'll go at least a little longer than you paid for. 🤷‍♂️

Well I jumped the gun. I saw an email from saltpoolstore.com about shipment and got a text from fedex at the same time and assumed it was the salt cell. The NJ package is shoes for my wife. The salt cell is indeed being shipped from Australia via fedex. No ETA yet on fedex website.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support