Jandy PL1400 owner - time for a switch IC60?

Jun 13, 2016
Chicago suburbs , IL
The cell is ready to be replace and I'm wondering if the whole system is undersized for our pool. Pool is a little over 40,000 gallons. I looked at a cell replacement and it is around $400. I have a code 170 error, which I'm assuming is the sensor cable but don't know yet.

Rather than troubleshoot and start replacing pieces at a time, I'm wondering if now is the time to go to a IC60? Seems I'd want more capacity. The previous owners built the pool, so This wasn't my choice, but feel this is undersized based on the research. What I do like about this is the touch panel and it is for the most part intuitive. For the ICXX System owners, have any of you transitioned from Jandy or am I going to be the first one? Or should I just stick with the Jandy setup. I'll be doing all the work, so not worried about refitting or changing any of the electric or PVC.

A,

I like Pentair products because that is what I have... Since you don't have an automation system, then you are not tied to one specific brand. The IC-60 is one of only a few cells that is rated for more than 40K pools, so your choice is limited.

Your current 1400 is rated for a 40K pool, but the rating is based upon running the SWCG 24/7 at 100%... So a bigger SWCG would be better.

The real key, to me, is how has your current cell been performing? Was it working ok for you in the middle of the summer, or were you having to run at 100% 24/7 to keep up with the FC demand?

The advantage of having a larger cell is that you should be able to dial the % down and run for less hours, but still generate enough chlorine for your pool.

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.