Jandy Nichless Hydrocool 6 Watts light JLU4C6W100

pipegzz1979

Oct 21, 2020
Spring, TX
Good afternoon,
The light is located on my spa, when I turn on the pool light the spa comes on for a few seconds, flickers to the to the color, then stays on for a few seconds some times, minutes, then it just turns off and ocassionally flickers on and off. Need some help troubleshooting this light, hopefully I can get it back to work and don't have to replace it.
Thank you all for your time reading.
Felipe

How old is the light? There's not a lot that can be done to repair those type lights of any brand.
I would say 6 years, the pool was built in 2018, and we move in in the house in July 2020.

I was looking more on guidance on maybe disconnect and connected again, wiggle something, check something you know? Before I call a pool company to come and check it out. The fact that the light comes on, and then goes off, it tells me it works, there is just something loose in there, maybe... or at least that is my hope.

I would say 6 years, the pool was built in 2018, and we move in in the house in July 2020.

I was looking more on guidance on maybe disconnect and connected again, wiggle something, check something you know? Before I call a pool company to come and check it out. The fact that the light comes on, and then goes off, it tells me it works, there is just something loose in there, maybe... or at least that is my hope.
That is the way LED electronics often fail. They run for a few minutes and something overheats and the board shuts down.

• Sad
Reactions: pipegzz1979

Unfortunately, that is what appears to be the average life of those type of lights.

• Sad
Reactions: pipegzz1979