Jandy Nicheless LED lights

Ummm. Not really.
The old school lights had a ground attached to them (usually with epoxy or No Lox) and were flooded with water so they achieved the water bond. The new LED lights have S/O cord from the sealed lights all they way to the panel and dont achieve the same water bond, so you have to install the Amazon fitting above or some other means of bonding. So it is about the lights as it pertains to this post.

My intent was to inform others that if they are installing LED lights and have not considered the water bond (like I did) - that they should look into it - as they could learn from my experience.

hope that helps.

Question for all you guys that have had 'hands on' the 20W Jandy units...

They say you need "9 inches" of 1.5" pipe from the face of the threaded fitting...

I have 8.75 inches then it necks down to 1" conduit. WILL THAT WORK? how precise is there spec?

I only have space for 2 in a 30k gal pool, so if I cant use a 20, I just dont think two 9W will cut it.

TIA

(PS frank rizzo- hi from bimmerfest...)

Just updating.... The 8.75 worked fine. Actual spec from Jandy is 8.6" to back edge of lens.

First pic is an oldie...15 years ago

._DSC4646.jpg

End result- great coverage both ends (2 x 20W)...the murky deep end with the old fiberstars gone. Deep red color is the darkest, but very happy w the result
_DSC4662.jpg

nice, I love the red I wish there was a way to set the red to be a stationary color, not sure if they have changed it but in my model it is only a part of other programs.

Yes there is a way. I recall seeing it in paperwork with the lights (I have iaqualink, so I have not tried it). You turn the lights on and within 3 seconds you turn it off and back on again. Every time you cycle the power it rotates to the next color. So long as you turn the light off for 7 seconds or more, when you turn the lights on - it remembers the last color it was on and returns to it.

Hope that helps.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.