Jandy LT pool heater will not heat above 85 degrees???

Underwater Man

LifeTime Supporter
Sep 15, 2007
Fort Worth, Texas
We recently had our no longer repairable Polaris Command Center replaced with the Pentair automated system, except for the new lights, all other components are Jandy. Prior to the conversion our heater worked perfectly; now, it will not heat the spa above 85 degrees. On occasion it has for no apparent reason reached 102, but, next try... 85. The pool folks who did the installation have came out five times to work on it, and supposedly have replaced every part except the board, and are now saying it probably has a glitch in the board and it should be replaced.... but, they say opting for a new heater would be best. The heater is 10 years old, but the technician said it looked like new on the inside. The heater diagnostics flashes "high pressure switch", but they supposedly replaced it. Any ideas what might be wrong... Could miscommunication between the Jandy heater and Pentair controller be a possibiity? I've seen boards for less than 300.00... is that a good price, or a rip off for an inferior board. Any help appreciated... this is getting frustrating and the pools guys don't seem to know what they're doing sometimes, not to mention their negative attitudes.

Just a thing or two to check. Make sure the heater temps is set to the highest temp setting, 104. I would confirm this first on both the Pool setting and the Spa setting. Next check to make sure the controllers temp is set correctly for whichever body of water you're heating.

If the unit is still showing a "high pressure" fault, then they need to re investigate this.

Just a thing or two to check. Make sure the heater temps is set to the highest temp setting, 104. I would confirm this first on both the Pool setting and the Spa setting. Next check to make sure the controllers temp is set correctly for whichever body of water you're heating.

If the unit is still showing a "high pressure" fault, then they need to re investigate this.

Thank You... all of those things have been checked, they even switched the pool and spa units on the heater to see if it was a bad spa temp controller. I'm still thinking it's a problem with the high pressure switch, but it looks like I'm heading for a new board, if that fixes it, great; if not, I'm thinking the original install/set-up guy, who was in a bit of a foul mood and not so optimist that day did a miswire or some improper set-up. A Jandy rep, a Pentair rep, and our pool guy all came together one day to check it out and I still have no firm answer, just 85 degree spa water:) I'm supposed to hear back from them, but's it been over a week now. Thanks again for your reply!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.