Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Moved from HERE

Had a "pool builder" try to tell me my Jandy lights weren't compatible with intellicenter. He wanted to pull out the lights and install Pentair. I was like "uhhhh, it's electric. Just wire it thru the relay." Made me wonder he just wanted to charge me more for lights and such.

Last edited by a moderator:
If the lights change colors, then the automation needs to be able to control the lights.

For example, the different lights or programs might require a certain on/off pattern etc.

I disagree that the automation *needs* to control the colors. On my setup if I want to change colors I cycle the power to the lights on the app thru each of 14 programs. This is preferable to changing out my lights to install “compatible” lights.

Reactions: JamesW
Yes the lights just use an on/off mechanism to change colors and modes. Even with automation all it does is turn them on and off. But it knows the patterns and colors, keeps track of where you are, and allows you to go to whatever you want with a single button press. It's rather expensive to change them out just to get that functionality, however.

Reactions: JamesW
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.